New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Need help guys...

Anyone know what is the equivalent model of the Mitsubishi Carisma here in our market?

I've read in several sites that the Carisma and the Volvo V40 (phase1) shared the same platform in Europe. Want to check if there are parts that are common for both models.

Thanks!!!

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    The Carisma is esentially the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution produced for the European market. In some European markets, the Evo/Carisma was sold as the Mitsubishi Carisma Evolution. Here in Asia, the Carisma was sold as the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution. The Carisma was the...."middle car" between the Lancer and the Galant. Production ended in Europe some years ago and it has been replaced by the Mitsubishi Lancer.

As for the platform sharing yes - the S40 shared the same platform with the Carisma from 1995 until 2001 I think, when the S40 was rebuilt/remodeled or whatever one wants to call it. However, even if they did share the same platform, it did not mean that they are the same car. As far as parts goes, nearly 85-90% of the cars parts are unique to each other. So as far as compatibility of parts goes, there would not be much to work on IMO.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by nicolodeon View Post
    The Carisma is esentially the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution produced for the European market. In some European markets, the Evo/Carisma was sold as the Mitsubishi Carisma Evolution. Here in Asia, the Carisma was sold as the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution. The Carisma was the...."middle car" between the Lancer and the Galant. Production ended in Europe some years ago and it has been replaced by the Mitsubishi Lancer.

As for the platform sharing yes - the S40 shared the same platform with the Carisma from 1995 until 2001 I think, when the S40 was rebuilt/remodeled or whatever one wants to call it. However, even if they did share the same platform, it did not mean that they are the same car. As far as parts goes, nearly 85-90% of the cars parts are unique to each other. So as far as compatibility of parts goes, there would not be much to work on IMO.
    you are right nic,

4. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    carisma sedan

carisma hatch

i love how its looks before (when i was still in high school) basing it on the car magazines.

Mitsubishi Carisma equivalent in RP