New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Hi all,
    First of all I want to say good day to all at mabuhay!!!

Now to my topic. A few months ago I bought my wife a brand new ASX. I got the dealer to add and install the front nudge bar. When they deliver the car my wife was over the moon and she loved it immediately. Upon looking at the nudge bar I've noticed that the installation was so bad I made instant complain to the dealer. I told them that I'm not pleased with their job and I want it fixed. I took it back to them for the free 1,500km service. I was promised they will fix the grill but when I came back and pick up the car it was pretty much the same and I think all the maintenance did was used the dremmel to tidy it up but it is still crappy. So I told them if their guys can't fix it send me a brand new grill and I will install it myself otherwise I will file a complain to consumer affairs. Anyway, after a few days I received an email from them stating they have ordered a new grill and will post it to me next week..........great!!!

My question now is, if there any one out there who can show/tell how to replace the front grill? I've read somewhere that you have to remove the front bumper bar to do this. FYI - I am very good with tools and I am a very hand persons.

Sorry I tried adding the "IMAGE" but it's not working for me so I've added a link instead.
    The link will show you how bad the installation.

Thanking you all in advance............thanks Jo

http://s3.beta.photobucket.com/user/...tml?sort=2&o=0

http://s3.beta.photobucket.com/user/...tml?sort=2&o=1

2. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by monster8 View Post
    Hi all,
    First of all I want to say good day to all at mabuhay!!!

Now to my topic. A few months ago I bought my wife a brand new ASX. I got the dealer to add and install the front nudge bar. When they deliver the car my wife was over the moon and she loved it immediately. Upon looking at the nudge bar I've noticed that the installation was so bad I made instant complain to the dealer. I told them that I'm not pleased with their job and I want it fixed. I took it back to them for the free 1,500km service. I was promised they will fix the grill but when I came back and pick up the car it was pretty much the same and I think all the maintenance did was used the dremmel to tidy it up but it is still crappy. So I told them if their guys can't fix it send me a brand new grill and I will install it myself otherwise I will file a complain to consumer affairs. Anyway, after a few days I received an email from them stating they have ordered a new grill and will post it to me next week..........great!!!

My question now is, if there any one out there who can show/tell how to replace the front grill? I've read somewhere that you have to remove the front bumper bar to do this. FYI - I am very good with tools and I am a very hand persons.

Sorry I tried adding the "IMAGE" but it's not working for me so I've added a link instead.
    The link will show you how bad the installation.

Thanking you all in advance............thanks Jo

Ouch!! Who did that? car dealer or aftermarket parts dealer?

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by arsen View Post
    Ouch!! Who did that? car dealer or aftermarket parts dealer?
    naku grabe naman kaheyup gumawa niyan.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    aba grabe naman yan, dapat ngang palitan nila yan. And do not do it, let them do the installation, they should do it properly pag hindi pa rin, papalitan mo ulit...

5. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Please visit this link
    http://www.ralliart.co.jp/catalogue/...RA640216P1.pdf

According to the page2, you need to remove the bumper assembly as follows:

I. Find and remove the clips (6 locations) to detach the headlamp support upper panel cover.

II. Find and remove the clips (8 locations) to detach the hood weather strip front .

III. Find and remove 7 bolts and 17 clips to detach the front bumper assembly. Take care not to drop the bumper

Left and Right

Bottom

After removing the bumper assembly, maybe you will realize that you need to remove 18 more clips to detach the front bumper - center garnish in order to expose the mountings of your damaged grills

Please find the original Japanese DIY procedure here.
    http://minkara.carview.co.jp/en/user...0754/note.aspx
    and here also
    http://minkara.carview.co.jp/en/user...3428/note.aspx

6. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by zix888 View Post
    naku grabe naman kaheyup gumawa niyan.
    oo nga nakaka dismaya!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LucasVN View Post
    aba grabe naman yan, dapat ngang palitan nila yan. And do not do it, let them do the installation, they should do it properly pag hindi pa rin, papalitan mo ulit...
    naisip ko nga na ganun dapat ang gawin ko kaso very inconvenience para sakin at sa esmi ko kasi ang layo ng dealer samin tsaka sabi nila sakin ganun daw talaga mag kabit yung accessories department nila, in other words walang pakelam yung mga tauhan nila kasi di naman nila kotse......buseeeet!!!.....lol

Quote Originally Posted by arsen View Post
    arsen, unfortunately dealer ang nag install hence i was really disappointed. maraming salamat sa mga pix at links na binigay mo malaking tulong ito sakin. nagawa ko na ang ganito sa 05 Lancer ko nung lagyan ko ng OEM fog lights.

maraming salamat sa inyong lahat at lalo na sayo arsen

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    btw mga kababayan. uuwi ako ng Pinas in a few weeks. saan ba pwede bumili ng front fog lights at seat covers na air bag compatible para sa ASX yung medyo malapit sa marikina dun kasi ako mag stay. nga pala balita ko pareho daw ng fog lights ang outlander at ASX....totoo ba to?

Samalat uli ng marami sa inyong lahat

Mitsubishi ASX front grill...