New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2006
    hello... we own a mitsubishi adventure 1998 model, we are planning to replace the rear shock absorbers kasi sobrang tagtag ng adventure namin.. any suggestions on what shock absorbers should I replace them that would give us a much, much, much comfortable ride?? and oh.. how much would it cost me??

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    It's not really the shocks that give the Adventure its stiff ride, it has more to do with the stiff leaf springs they put in since the chassis is based on the L200 light truck.

Fluid type shocks from Monroe/Gabriel/KYB are generally softer than gas type shocks.

Mitsubishi claimed to have improved the rear suspension around the 2000 model year. What they did, I don't know. They also changed to more road/passenger-oriented tires that year.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    go to the mitsubishi adventure club
    dami makakatulong sayo doon.

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    tnx for the info...

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP
    It's not really the shocks that give the Adventure its stiff ride, it has more to do with the stiff leaf springs they put in since the chassis is based on the L200 light truck.

Fluid type shocks from Monroe/Gabriel/KYB are generally softer than gas type shocks.

Mitsubishi claimed to have improved the rear suspension around the 2000 model year. What they did, I don't know. They also changed to more road/passenger-oriented tires that year.

one question...let us say i change the rear shocks to one of those fluid type shocks you mentioned would it show significant amount of improvement(i mean mararamdaman b ung difference ng ride quality niya)? or even if i change the shocks would the ride quality stay the same?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I think the MAC folks are in a better position to answer that.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Have You Tried Kyb Shocks? K Din Yun Sir..

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    I think the rear OEM shock of the adventure for the rear is fluid type na.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    also gas shocks does not always mean bad ride, in fact they give you better vehicle control and eliminates bounciness.

problem with fluid shocks is that they cannot dampen properly the suspension once they get hot, you will notice this sa rear ng mga leaf sprung vehicles if you happen to follow one. the rear bounces a lot, changing to good aftermarket gas shock will eliminate this. instead of three bounces per lubak it will be one na lang so the rear stays put.

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by teamsicnarf
    Have You Tried Kyb Shocks? K Din Yun Sir..
    -->Nope not yet.. I'm still considering what to buy or if I should buy a new shock absorber kasi I'm still not sure if I replace the shocks, that it would translate in to a much comfortable ride...

Quote Originally Posted by ARB
    also gas shocks does not always mean bad ride, in fact they give you better vehicle control and eliminates bounciness.

problem with fluid shocks is that they cannot dampen properly the suspension once they get hot, you will notice this sa rear ng mga leaf sprung vehicles if you happen to follow one. the rear bounces a lot, changing to good aftermarket gas shock will eliminate this. instead of three bounces per lubak it will be one na lang so the rear stays put.
    -->so what do you recommend? kc I own a gen. 1 mits adventure.. some of my Colleague's and OTEP told me that the gen. 1 mits adventure's stiff leaf spring is the cause of the stiff ride... my concern here now is that if I chose to replace the shocks with the shock absrober that you suggested would it also transalate in a significant differece in the cars ride quality kasi bka mabaliwala lng ung bgong shocks kpg matigas pa din ung leaf spring...

Mitsubishi adventure rear shock absorber replacement