New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    1. What are the common problems/sakit ng Lancer? I agree that the suspension seems to be a common complain among Lancer users. After 8 1/2 years of daily use, I'm beginning to feel more and more the "lubaks" impacts. Mitsubishi Libis has already recommended that I replace the shock absorbers.

2. Overall performance of the Lancer. My car has a 1300cc engine. Lacking in power but I have not experienced any major problems with it. It's dependable gaya nga ng sabi nung iba.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Parts and dependability is still there as long as you're the only one using and maintaining the car as much as possible. Some probs i've experienced with a Lancer before (1997 GLXi of a relative) was the suspension and the electricals (wirings, power window problems, etc).

3. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    I had a 1997 lancer 1.6 M/T and held it for 6 years.

Common problem: Front suspension especially the stabilizer bushings. Overall I had no major problems with the car.

Availabilty of parts: Abundant. You could either buy a good quality replacement parts like 555 or you could buy an orig from El Dorado in Megamall.

Overall, I have no regrets of owning it. Matipid sa gas, I have a combined city/highway consumption of 11-12km/liter. Maganda ang handling.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    im a lancer owner and user since 1984 (hehehe.)
    well the most common problem ng lancer was already stated here, suspension. i think it went on up to the year 2001 model. although this is not entirely a "lancer" problem (i've heard, maski mitsu adventure eh ganito rin...), the only remedy for this is to replace your shocks (yan ang nauunang bumigay...)

aside from that, wala na akong maisip pa na problems nya except perhaps dun sa mga parts na may wear and tear...

can't really say on the resale price, because i was able to release my units on a reasonable scale. in fact, by next year, i-rerelease ko na rin yung pizza ko eh.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Great info! Thanks for all your inputs.(",)

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Timing belt, make sure walang daya sa odo makuha mo.

Locks or yung mga susian, madaling buksan at maupod ang loob

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    check mo rin ang boots ng axle, steering at vc joints baka may punit na.

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    I think the front suspension problems is not inherent to the Lancer. Most fwd (front wheel drive) cars share this problem because their front suspension/steering/axle have a more complicated geometry compared to rwd (rear wheel drive cars). Add to this the sorry state of our roads. I used to own a 96 Lancer gli and every 2 years I have to replace my front suspension components. My brother owns a 01 Corolla and still he has the same problem.

Overall, the Lancer is a fine automobile and is dependable. Parts is also abundant.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Mitsu LANCER: GUD, BAD, ETC...