New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    I had a 97 eclipse which was sold locally, 600 units only were released.
    Was really a headturner esp with 18in mags, bigger muffler, kyb shocks, etc.
    until the plastic parts broke, driver door handle, driver seat recline handle, glove box handle. sold it a few years after. the new owner told me that the transmission broke down after a year he bought it and cost 200K+!
    Definitely it's a fun car to drive (esp when you're single), though mitsu quality is very poor IMO. Never bought a mitsu car from then on

2. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    until the plastic parts broke, driver door handle, driver seat recline handle, glove box handle. sold it a few years after. the new owner told me that the transmission broke down after a year he bought it and cost 200K+!
    Definitely it's a fun car to drive (esp when you're single), though mitsu quality is very poor IMO. Never bought a mitsu car from then on

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by fodyv View Post
    Ghosthunter, thanks for the info....quite more for the negative purchase compared to buying a brand new Jap car for a son, huh?
    Well, if you intend to use this as a personal week-end car, I can't blame you. Its really nice to drive a good looking and fast sporty car, even its ten years old.

Just be sure of what you are buying before you have paid for it. Repairs can get pretty expensive and might take a long time to fix if you have to wait for hard to find parts to replace.

The typical alternative for this car is the Nissan Silvia or the Nissan 200SX/240SX.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by JJB View Post
    JJB, this definitely brings back the right senses into my head,....case closed no more 10-year old jalopies, go first time big time then, get the brand new one (as soon as the finances permits). I really appreciate this honest to goodness feedback---Thanks!

5. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Well, if you intend to use this as a personal week-end car, I can't blame you. Its really nice to drive a good looking and fast sporty car, even its ten years old.

Just be sure of what you are buying before you have paid for it. Repairs can get pretty expensive and might take a long time to fix if you have to wait for hard to find parts to replace.

The typical alternative for this car is the Nissan Silvia or the Nissan 200SX/240SX.
    Ghosthunter, you're doing the Lord's work. At 500K + and your feedbacks, the '98 model is overpriced. Tagged at 300 - 350K would be more interesting, setting aside 250k for possible restoration. Thanks Bro!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Mits. Eclipse '98_Still a Good Buy???