New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2006
    i have lost my remote control which locks / unlock my mirage...

can i replace it w/ any alarm eg giordon / cobra?

i heard kasi the car wont start if i tampered it... any truth to this?

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    How did u lose it?

I'm not familiar with Mirage's ignition system but normally, keys have chips that is "read" by the car's decoder. If it doesn't match, usually the car will never start.

You can go to your dealer and have a new set of keys programmed. Is your key, smart key? That type usually costs 15k+ a piece or a pair. You can have one bought abroad and just have it programmed by the dealer but ask them first if they allow that.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    if your vehicle is equipped w/ an oem immobilizer, then your options are quite limited. usually, in cases like these you'll really have to go to your dealer and get another set of reprogrammed keys from them

but if your mirage doesn't come w/ the said immobilizer security feature, then any electronic alarm brand will do

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by baludoy View Post
    if your vehicle is equipped w/ an oem immobilizer, then your options are quite limited. usually, in cases like these you'll really have to go to your dealer and get another set of reprogrammed keys from them

but if your mirage doesn't come w/ the said immobilizer security feature, then any electronic alarm brand will do
    Just came from casa, wala daw immobilizer kasi glx lang mirage ko.

Replacement of key cost 4500 exlcuding programming... I think I'd better off replacing the alarm para mas mura..

Tnx sa mga responses..

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by baludoy View Post

Replacement of key cost 4500 exlcuding programming... I think I'd better off replacing the alarm para mas mura..

Tnx sa mga responses..

5. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Dudee View Post

Tnx sa mga responses..

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Tnx sa mga responses..
    pede mo yan claim sa insurance mo.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2016
    sir tanong ko lng maganda ba yong porma nang GLX G4 MT 1.2.thankss sa reply