New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Usually the models here have the 3.0L V6 from the Pajero. I think it'll still be a bit expensive at 950K since i asked a buy&sell/2nd hand car shop before and they were selling at 950K... which probably means that they got it at a lower price (P850-900?)

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    yup pansin ko nga may mga model na may pang shift to 2h/4l/4h aside from the a/t shifter yung iba simpleng a/t shifter lang...ganon pa rin ang price medyo mataas pa nga come to think of it...

3. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    this test is like duh, to put it bluntly.

of course, you buy a pajero/montero/trooper/etc. not to go fast, but for other purposes. shempre tataob yan in sudden maneuvers because of their inherent relatively higher center of gravity. cars can do that din naman eh, if the circumstances are right.

seriously, CR is a nice magazine and all, pero...labo talaga.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    well... compared to other SUVs that was tested (there were 7), it was the only one who exhibited extreme tipping tendencies. the speed that it was tested is also acceptable (63kph). though I do believe that Mitsubishi was able to correct this already.

also to note, the Gen1 Merc A-Class was also severely criticized for also tipping over when this test was done. though through some suspension adjustment this was corrected.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Car & Driver's latest issue (January 2k5) has an article exposing the pitfalls of government rollover testing (similar to the CR test) and as to how it fails to mimic real world situations.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    makabili nga ng car and driver :D

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    here's a similar article...

HTSA Should Overhaul Confusing Rollover Ratings System

Consumers Union Urges Senate Subcommittee to Direct Agency to Change "Consumer Unfriendly" System

(Washington, D.C.) -- Consumers Union today outlined for a Senate subcommittee a litany of difficulties consumers face in trying to get rollover ratings from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) Web site.

“The rollover testing and rating program has great promise, but the system isn't working for consumers,” said Sally Greenberg, senior product safety counsel, in comments to the Senate Commerce Subcommittee on Competition, Foreign Commerce and Infrastructure as it reviewed landmark auto safety legislation passed in 2000.

“Rollovers are up, SUV fatalities in rollovers have increased 10 percent, and consumers need accurate and accessible information, but that information is nearly impossible to get from the agency’s Web site, and what is there is misleading or incomplete,” she added.

R. David Pittle, CU's senior vice president for technical operations, said it makes no sense that when a vehicle tips up under NHTSA’s dynamic rollover testing program, there is no penalty in the rating the vehicle gets.

“When a vehicle tips up on two wheels during the rollover testing program, that should drop its score, but that doesn’t currently happen,” said R. David Pittle, senior vice president for technical operations. “We believe tipping up is a serious performance consideration.”

Greenberg said when the agency tested 14 vehicles, two tipped up in testing -- the Ford Explorer Sport Trac and the four-wheel drive Toyota Tacoma extended-cab pickup. Yet they received ratings of two stars and three stars respectively, out of a possible five stars.

“Compared with other vehicles, two and three stars might sound pretty good to most consumers,” Greenberg said. She said the way NHTSA has weighted the rollover scores masks a vehicle’s performance in the driving test.

“Finding that a vehicle has tipped by looking for it on the agency’s Web site is like finding a needle in a haystack,” Greenberg said. “We call on NHTSA to overhaul its information program so that safety conscious consumers can easily get the information they are looking for.”

Greenberg also noted that NHTSA promised in February when it released the first rollover testing results that more ratings would be released in the spring, but no additional ratings information has been produced.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    I just read in the newpaper that mitsu phil just introduced the new grandis and the new montero sport. the montero sport comes with 4x4, A/T, leather seats, with a 2.8liter turbo intercooler diesel engine. I just dont know if it has ABS, airbags, sensors, etc. but its priced at 1.55M. way cheaper than the explorer or trailblazer plus its more fuel efficient with its diesel engine. I am actually tempted to take a look at this car even if i know its several years old. The body i think is an early 90's model but the price is good considering that grey market montero sports were once being sold at around 2M several years ago.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    wow, cool! got pics? which newspaper and when was this? :D

ay teka...gen 2.5 yan you mean?

10. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    2 door gen2.5 cguro..

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
[Merged:] Montero Sport thread