New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    one thing about those V6s... they're quite sturdy engines. maraming ng 96 model na 1.6 engines out there na may singaw or blow by, pero nissan/mitsu v6s from the same period, tahimik at malalakas pa humatak ngayon. kahit pa yung mga inabuso ng husto.

yun nga lang malakas talaga sa gas. my cefiro does about 5-7 to a liter now, 10-11 highway. friends of mine who own both v6 and conventional 1.6s do say na mas matibay talaga mga midsize cars. one friend with a cefiro has never had his suspension system serviced, or the engine opened apart from change oils. samantalang yung isang toyota nya na 1.3 nakaka ilang palit na daw ng shocks, plus timing belt, waterpump... nag overheat na din twice.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    I've been hearing a lot about the low fuel efficiency of lancers. I have one myself. I can't still figure it out why my lancer 2000 mx uses more fuel than my previous honda city 1999 1.5 exi. With the lancer, I can get 6-8 km/liter fc, city driving, while it was 10-11 km/l on the honda.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by prot View Post
    I've been hearing a lot about the low fuel efficiency of lancers. I have one myself. I can't still figure it out why my lancer 2000 mx uses more fuel than my previous honda city 1999 1.5 exi. With the lancer, I can get 6-8 km/liter fc, city driving, while it was 10-11 km/l on the honda.
    Your Honda city has a smaller engine, and is likely manual (automatic Hondas don't have such good consumption). If I remember right, the 2000 MX not only has a bigger engine, it's the high horsepower variant that was also available in the GSR, and only comes mated to a four-speed automatic that has very long gearing. And the kicker is, the MX weighs about four hundred pounds more than the City. Obviously, it's going to suck gas like crazy in comparison.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by prot View Post
    I had the Lancer GLi (1.5 EFI) when I was in freshmen college. Natatakawan na ako sa konsumo niya although hindi pa ako marunong mag-compute ng km per liter noon. I was vindicated when a friend who drives an MX (yes, the INVECS matic tranny is supposed to be gas pedal friendly as per the brochure) says matakaw din daw sa gas yung Lancer niya.

Considering pure unleaded pa ang gasolina noon (6 years ago) na supposed to be ay mas efficient ang burn compared to the E10 we have today.

With today's E10 and the carb 1.6 engine I have, I could say mas matipid pa sa gasolina itong carb ko ngayon (ironically, it's a Mazda on big rims). Maybe I have grown enough to have a light foot on the gas and have learned the basics of proper maintenance for fuel efficiency.

Two cents.
    Last edited by isa1023; June 3rd, 2010 at 11:55 AM.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Your Honda city has a smaller engine, and is likely manual (automatic Hondas don't have such good consumption). If I remember right, the 2000 MX not only has a bigger engine, it's the high horsepower variant that was also available in the GSR, and only comes mated to a four-speed automatic that has very long gearing. And the kicker is, the MX weighs about four hundred pounds more than the City. Obviously, it's going to suck gas like crazy in comparison.
    Quote Originally Posted by isa1023 View Post
    I had the Lancer GLi (1.5 EFI) when I was in freshmen college. Natatakawan na ako sa konsumo niya although hindi pa ako marunong mag-compute ng km per liter noon. I was vindicated when a friend who drives an MX (yes, the INVECS matic tranny is supposed to be gas pedal friendly as per the brochure) says matakaw din daw sa gas yung Lancer niya.

Considering pure unleaded pa ang gasolina noon (6 years ago) na supposed to be ay mas efficient ang burn compared to the E10 we have today.

With today's E10 and the carb 1.6 engine I have, I could say mas matipid pa sa gasolina itong carb ko ngayon (ironically, it's a Mazda on big rims). Maybe I have grown enough to have a light foot on the gas and have learned the basics of proper maintenance for fuel efficiency.

Two cents.
    Thanks for the info, guys...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
malakas ba tlga sa gas ang galant shark look?