New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    np. i hope you get that all sorted out.

electronic fuel injected (efi) engines like yours were built to high precision specs. hindi na sya gaya nung mga lumang 3k or saturn na makina nung 1979 - yung clearances sa loob are not as loose as those found in old engines. so pag inayos, dapat precise din ang kabit, at alagaan ang computer box lagi pag mag diagnose.

i'm not saying that the efi engines can't be serviced by shops other than the casa ha... i just mean that servicing them requires experience and more technical skill.

if the rings and sleeves did not seat properly, you will have to re-do the overhaul.

if the bad power doesn't resolve, something's wrong in there. that said, i have yet to see an overhauled engine with bad performance like yours resolve sponteneously. it's not like it's going to heal itself you know.

at first start after putting it all back together, the engine should make good power even if the rings haven't seated properly. from there, 2 possible outcomes: rings wont seal with liners = wasak. rings seal properly, engine starts making more power and starts getting quieter.

my top 3 guesses:

1. transmission.
    2. timing
    3. at 1st start the mechanic failed to set the fuel/air calibration. you're running rich, gasoline is washing down the sleeves removing the precious lubricating oil preventing the rings from seating properly, forever.

crucial ang 1st 5 hours ng initial start up. if you don't resolve the issues above within the time frame, the engine will never break in properly.

but, you do have hope. have items 1 and 2 checked muna.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by aga_cruz View Post
    sir oo nga masyado malaki o mataas na ang 2k rpm para sa 1 2 3 tsk hagulgol na ang makina mo nyan baka mapwersa pa ang ka overhauled mong engine? pag ba hindi nya na reach ang 2k + rpm hindi ba sya nag shi-shift?

btw this is your 2nd hand car ba?
    Quote Originally Posted by ruelsdcz View Post
    sir...masyadong mataas na RPM mo before magshift. dapat 1,2,3 magshishift cya khit 1200 to 1500 rpm mo then 2.1k sa 4th gear. baka sa tranny ang sira hindi sa makina sir kya hirap humatak kya ang nasa isip mo sa katatapos na prob ung skit. better repair or change your tranny first then check mo kung same prob pa rin.
    Mga dudes, are you sure about that?

Sa mga A/T na nagamit ko (Avanza G, Starex, Accord), consistent sila, kahit aling gear sa 1,2,3 around 2000rpm (give or take a few rpms) dun pa lang nag-shi-shift up to 2,3,4. At hindi pa humahagulgol ang makina sa 2k rpm, mind you.

My 2 cents.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123