New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    [B]Mitsubishi cars and Vans are good and sturdy vehicles but that is not the issue. The issue is Mitsubishi's quality control and I feel that Congressman Zamora is right in bringing out this issue. Being a 3rd world country it seems that we have been the dumping ground of defective products. It is not the products design. In a production line there are products which really fail to pass the quality standards, the problem is "kung bakit sa atin binibenta ito...hindi ba?". Mas mahal ang benta ng sasakyan dito kaysa sa U.S., eh bakit puro latak ang binibenta dito? More power to Cong. Zamora!

2. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    additional lang.. its not only pajero... also the 2003 4jx1 isuzu trooper...lemon car din..

pls read my complaints..

http://www.philstar.com/philstar/PINOY200612237206.htm

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Isa sa down side ng gloabalization, Manufacturers can easily dump rotten vehicles to us

Like Isuzu.ARGH!

Bad Image for CBU?

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Ang tanong ko lang, yung recalls sa U.S., Japan at europe applicable din ba ito sa atin? o sa mga cbu lang?

buti pa sa ibang bansa mga car companies pa nagpupursige na ibalik ang mga oto na may defect by doing recalls. dito kelangan pang i-dyaryo o -tv bago pagtuunan ng pansin. idedeny pa ng mga ibang loko. mahina kasi authority dito sa atin, mukhang alang budget para aralin pa lahat ng mga sasakyang bago.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    baka the "bad" quality has something to do with this.....

DaimlerChrysler to quit Mitsubishi

Reuters / April 22, 2004

STUTTGART, Germany -- DaimlerChrysler AG said on Thursday it was pulling out of Mitsubishi Motors, leaving its bid to become a global carmaker in disarray and throwing the future of the ailing Japanese firm into doubt.

The group said that it had decided not to participate in a rescue capital increase planned by Mitsubishi Motors Corp. because it could not agree on an acceptable deal with other shareholders in the loss-making company.

It also said it would not provide any further financial support to Mitsubishi, Japan's only unprofitable carmaker.

"This clearly means separation," a DaimlerChrysler spokesman said, adding that the 37 percent stake would be booked as discontinued business until a buyer could be found.

Mitsubishi representatives could not immediately be reached for comment.

The decision came after an extraordinary meeting of the DaimlerChrysler supervisory and management boards on Thursday.

Supervisory board sources said earlier that the company had discussed selling its 10 percent stake in South Korea's largest carmaker Hyundai Motor Co. Ltd., worth about 850 million euros ($1 billion), to help fund the Mitsubishi rescue.

Mitsubishi, Japan's fourth largest and only unprofitable carmaker, had been planning to present details of a 700 billion yen ($6.39 billion) bailout to shareholders on April 30.

Reeling from losses generated by a disastrous strategy of offering cheap car loans in the U.S., Mitsubishi is expecting a net loss of 72 billion yen for the 12 months to March 31. It had a profit of 37.36 billion yen the previous year.

Mitsubishi Motors' net automotive debt stood at around 726 billion yen six months ago, while total interest-bearing debt was 1.141 trillion.

"This could be the end for Mitsubishi if nobody else injects fresh capital," said one industry source.

DaimlerChrysler bought the stake in Mitsubishi over three years ago with a view to expanding its presence in Asia. It has since worked to establish closer production ties between the Japanese firm and its other problem child, U.S. automaker Chrysler, to cut costs.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Mercedes merging with Chrysler was a bad idea as it was. hehehe. Mitsubishi will clearly need a company better than DC. Let's hope they can find their 'Renault' just as Nissan did.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Mercedes merging with Chrysler was a bad idea as it was. hehehe. Mitsubishi will clearly need a company better than DC. Let's hope they can find their 'Renault' just as Nissan did.
    How was the merge between MB and Chrysler bad? Because of that merge the Chrysler 300, Dodge Charger,Magnum and soon Challenger was or will be made using the same platform as the previous E class MB. The merge also caused the US makers to start looking at going back to RWD because of the success of those models. Design, fit and finish for the Chrysler brand will improve and trickle down to other brands.

Mitsubishi is still working with Hyundai/Kia with engine design/development and has become the top shareholder of Isuzu already.

http://www.autoblog.com/2006/10/04/m...lder-of-isuzu/

8. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Laser_Ramon View Post
    Ang tanong ko lang, yung recalls sa U.S., Japan at europe applicable din ba ito sa atin? o sa mga cbu lang?

buti pa sa ibang bansa mga car companies pa nagpupursige na ibalik ang mga oto na may defect by doing recalls. dito kelangan pang i-dyaryo o -tv bago pagtuunan ng pansin. idedeny pa ng mga ibang loko. mahina kasi authority dito sa atin, mukhang alang budget para aralin pa lahat ng mga sasakyang bago.
    siguro, being the 'reklamador' that they are (sa ibang bansa), they want quality and would try to get as much as they want (back) para sa hard earned utang nila for the vehicle.

saka, takot ang mga automotive companies sa lawsuits (which is not as popular sa pinas) pag may mga defects sa mga sasakyan na na-release nila. what they do is being 'pro-active' and patuloy na test/research before something gets blown out of proportion sa media.

i dunno kung may mass recall sa pinas in relation sa mga recalls sa ibang bansa. compared sa ibang bansa, mahal ang labor, not like sa pinas. kung may defect man, you can try to consult your trusty mechanic (and ask here in tsikot) and ayusin na lang.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    about mitsu. my first car was a lancer (pizzapie). i still wish to get my hands at an evo, but was swayed away by how mitsu is 'perceived' here in the US. actually, gulat lang ako on how nissan was more looked at compared to mitsu. although comparing the line up of mitsu here abroad, naiiwanan sila.

may balita that mitsu might stop operation here in north america pag di nag improve yung sales nila. they are hoping to get good output from their new mitsu outlander and from their evo's (evo x, baka 2007 or 08 lalabas?).

sana lang di mawala ang mitsu. i still want to get that evo ix!

10. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by MAXBUWAYA View Post
    Isa sa down side ng gloabalization, Manufacturers can easily dump rotten vehicles to us

Like Isuzu.ARGH!

Bad Image for CBU?
    Slightly OT: Not much to do with globalization really... even without it, the locals can produce their own rubbish, then we're back to square one. Globalization has its bad sides, but bad products isn't (inherently, at least) one of them.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Lawmaker wants Mitsubishi Philippines investigated!