New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I had a vios 1.5 before in the Philippines now I have the 2008 Lancer GTS here in US. If i will choose among the 2 I will go for the Lancer. Vios will give you a better fuel consumption but thats just it. Lancer FC is average at par with its 2.0 engine couterparts. But with the other aspects like looks, safety, tech features, space capacity and flatform for mods Lancer is way above Vios. I think may lower variant na ng Lancer EX which is more affordable. That you may look into if your considering the price.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    3 months ago i was in practically the same dilemma, vios or lancer. i went for the lancer (glx lang po, hindi ex) - more value for your money. so far i'm very much satisfied with it. fc can be better, but i guess it comes with driving a 1.6L engine rather than a 1.3.

as for second hand cars, you can get a good car for 300k, very good for 400k. if you don't know anything about cars make sure you ask someone to check it for you.

pero syempre iba pa rin yong brand new. if you have the money to get a brand new get a brand new car.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by wingeofus View Post
    WOW! haha thanks super sa mga advices ninyo.. ang budget ko po ay nasa 500k to 600k lng. cguro pwede istretch ng konti haha actually first choice ko talga yun i10 kaso parang hndi worth it yun pera ko sa i10. Naisipan ko na din bumili nalang ng 2nd hand car kaso natatakot naman ako baka may cra yun car na mabili ko. kaya ayun.. pero dati ko pa talaga super gusto yun vios and lancer. haha yun avanza isinama ko lang sa list kasi parang sya yun pinakasulit kasi mejo malaki sya tapos 600k yun manual transmission nya. hahaha hrap tlga pag hndi mayaman.. hahaha
    ayos yung choices, from hatch to sedan to miniAUV

kung hatch - how bout a yaris or jazz? kung sedan - ok yung vios lalo na kung concern mo yung fuel efficiency, you can also consider the new city. kaso nga lang medyo lampas na to sa budget mo, siguro kaya rin naconsider mo yung i10. pero mas maganda nyan, you go showroom hopping, try to test drive them all and then try to evaluate.

good luck sa pagpili

4. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Parang lahat may pros and cons e. Pag Lancer EX, maganda kc malaki engine tsaka malaki body so d ka matatakot sa mga katabi mo kaso 2.0 engine kya mdyo mataas consumption ng fuel and mdyo pricey lalo na ung GT-A. Pag i10, alam natin na pag dating sa durability mdyo mahina pa din ang korean cars tsaka masyado maliit ang i10, magugulat lang sa iyo mga bus bka mas lalo ka pa masagi at matulad ka kay ipe. Pag Avanza, strong VVTi engine and small displacement so economy pati price ng sasakyan ay affordable. on the downside, i've heard of avanzas changing wheel bearings and clutch discs at 10,000kms pa lang. although taxi mga un, these are things to consider pa din. ung isa clutch driver kya ganun. so kung clutch driver ka, don't take the avanza. kahit na toyota sya, all parts are made in thailand so nde sya ganun ka durable and kung mapapansin mo when they take the brake pads and the clutch discs out, you will notice the mark "daihatsu" on them. parang nakakagago dba haha. maybe you can consider the vios or add into your options the 09 jazz or 09 city.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Lancer vs. vios vs. i10 vs. avanza