New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 174 of 254 FirstFirst ... 74124164170171172173174175176177178184224 ... LastLast
Results 1,731 to 1,740 of 2533
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Hello.

My Lancer EL has a small diameter steering wheel (momo type as they call it which is a smaller diameter than the original stock). I wish to change it back to its original stock steering wheel size. I find it quite tiring to use since the EL as you know is not power steering. I mainly drive only in city roads and short distances only. Would it spell a difference if I change to original diameter size of steering wheel?

Also, together with the same issues mentioned is the tire size. When we bought it, it has a 205/50R15 tire and based on the lancer manual, the original stock tire is 155R13 82S. From the looks of 205 it seems nice, but i'm not after looks since i find it quite hard and tiring to drive and maneuver also. While it seems good when driving on long distance highway, but rarely i drive in such road, mostly just city driving. Would it also made any difference if I change to at least 185/55R15? As per tire calculation, it is around 1% difference only from the original tire. Maybe it would help to save on gas also.

Any opinions/suggestion is appreciated.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Would it spell a difference if I change to original diameter size of steering wheel?
    Yes. Mas magaan ang manibela because of the bigger steering wheel diameter.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    [QUOTE=akome555;2064892]Hello.

the tire size. it has a 205/50R15 tire and based on the lancer manual, the original stock tire is 155R13 82S.

Would it also made any difference if I change to at least 185/55R15?

When I purchased my EL model this was on its original setting; wheel, tire and so on. For maneuver magaan ito talaga. For tire 185/55R15 medyo rin matigas din ito better to have 155R13....

Ngayon gawa ng luma na itong EL papuntang Old School to vintage din hehehe nag modified ako ng body kit, accessories and performance spare parts para maski luma makakasabay din sa new cars, to name a few my wheel is momo, the tire is 204/40/R17 talagang matigas ito, pero what I did is converted ko to power steering.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Lucksfinder,

As mentioned, the reason that I might use the 185/55R15 because its the nearest counterpart to the stock tire with only around 1% difference. I plan to use also the existing rim size 15, just change the tire if the rim width would permit it or unless the rim's width is too wide for 185 profile baka palit din ng rim. Dahil sabi mo medyo matigas pa rin ang 185/55R15, siguro baka medyo ok na rin kumpara sa 205 ngayon.

Sa confirmation ni Chinoi na mas magaan yung original steering wheel, so ibebenta ko na to na momo steering wheel. magkano ko kaya ito ibebenta?

5. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    [QUOTE=Lucksfinder;2066576][QUOTE=akome555;2064892]Hello.

the tire size. it has a 205/50R15 tire and based on the lancer manual, the original stock tire is 155R13 82S.

Would it also made any difference if I change to at least 185/55R15?

When I purchased my EL model this was on its original setting; wheel, tire and so on. For maneuver magaan ito talaga. For tire 185/55R15 medyo rin matigas din ito better to have 155R13....

Ngayon gawa ng luma na itong EL papuntang Old School to vintage din hehehe nag modified ako ng body kit, accessories and performance spare parts para maski luma makakasabay din sa new cars, to name a few my wheel is momo, the tire is 204/40/R17 talagang matigas ito, pero what I did is converted ko to power steering.

FOR THE PICTURE/IMAGE OF MY EL CAN BE VIEWED at http://www.cardomain.com/ride/401934...subishi-lancer

maganda sana kong ang admin ng tsikot ma post natin ang mga unit/Itlog car natin

6. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Share ko lang solution sa constricted na Lancer EL old lower fuel hose.
    Akala ko ay marumi na ang fuel filter at pinalitan ko ng bago. Pero same problem pa rin. Kinukulang ang fuel sa carburator. Na found out ko na nasa constricted lower fuel hose pala problem.

Check ninyo muna ito bago dalhin sa mechanic. Baka sa dami ng papalitan fuel filter, air filter, carb overhaul, replaced ignition coil spark plug etc.. ay ito lang pala problema. Hope this help.

Sa katagalan rubber hose ay bloated na loob nito sa ethanol fuel or nagbabara na sa loob ng tube dahil sa sharp L shape corner ng fuel hose.

So, nag insert ako na small tube 1/2" from old fuel filter at insert ko sa old fuel hose. Problem solved. Free flowing na uli ang fuel.

See illustration below.

Picture of fuel hose after insertion of 1/2" plastic tube.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Hi Sir Chinoi, appreciating much your untiring help and giving good idea sa mga trouble ng EL natin. New help iyan Sir for the New Year 2013. Thumbs up to you Sir.

Puwede pala mag insert ng picture/image dito...how to insert a photo Sir and what is allowed by the admin of this thread? Gusto ko rin sana e post ang picture ng EL ko para makita ang mga damages, repaired, replacement and modification sa EL ko pero hindi ko po alam paano.

My Lancer EL was posted and can be viewed at WWW.CARDOMAIN.COM http://www.cardomain.com/ride/401934...ubishi-lancer/.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Hi Sir Chinoi, appreciating much your untiring help and giving good idea sa mga trouble ng EL natin. New tip/help for the New Year 2013. Thumbs up to you Sir.

Puwede pala mag insert ng picture/image dito...how to insert a photo Sir and what is allowed by the admin of this thread? Gusto ko rin sana e post ang picture ng EL ko para makita ang mga damages, repaired, replacement and modification sa EL ko pero hindi ko po alam paano.

My Lancer EL was posted and can be viewed at WWW.CARDOMAIN.COM http://www.cardomain.com/ride/401934...ubishi-lancer/.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Hi Sir Chinoi, appreciating much your untiring help and giving good idea sa mga trouble ng EL natin. New tip/help for the New Year 2013. Thumbs up to you Sir.

My Lancer EL was posted and can be viewed at http://www.cardomain.com/ride/4019340/1995-mitsubishi-lancer/[/url].

10. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Chinoi View Post
    Share ko lang solution sa constricted na Lancer EL old lower fuel hose.
    Akala ko ay marumi na ang fuel filter at pinalitan ko ng bago. Pero same problem pa rin. Kinukulang ang fuel sa carburator. Na found out ko na nasa constricted lower fuel hose pala problem.

Check ninyo muna ito bago dalhin sa mechanic. Baka sa dami ng papalitan fuel filter, air filter, carb overhaul, replaced ignition coil spark plug etc.. ay ito lang pala problema. Hope this help.

LANCER Itlog (93-96) Owners - Please Post Here!