New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Salamat sa mga info...

almost 2 weeks na since I've got my GLS. Totoo po, nanibago ako with CVT. kasi M/T palagi drive ko. pero yun CVT once nagamay mo yun driving style, sarap mag drive, at malakas sya kahit matindi ahon.

Yun lights ko both head and tail, may moist din palagi... sa first 1000 check up ko, complain ko sa dealer and we'll see how will they act on it.

Generally, I love the GLS. maganda features nya over other sedan at its price. Nakakuha pa nga ako ng 55K discount nun mag down na ako. kaya sulit talaga.

Matipid sya sa Gas, kasi at 2000RPM, tumatakbo na sya ng 100km/Hour. dyan pa lang you will know na mas matipid yan.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodway View Post
    Hi Newbie here,

I also just bought my Lancer GLS last month, Ok naman ang performance..ang kaso, may napansin akong condensation sa tail lights (left and right). It appears during night time pag bukas yung tail lights, dahil siguro mainit yung lamp. I tried to raise my concern sa dealer pero ikinunsulta daw nila sa factory at ang sabi e "NORMAL" daw yun??! That means lahat ng tail lights ng Lancer GLS e nagmo-moist?..

Can you check your Lancer if the tail lights behaves the same way?

Here's the photo:

Your comments are greatly appreciated.

Hi,

I cant see it that clearly sa picture but moist ba yan? If so thats not normal..usually hindi maayos pag ka kabit ng tail light meaning may butas baka sa pag lagay ng silicon kaya nag moist. Its just the same pag nag pa smoke ng head lights and hindi maayos pag ka kabit..

3. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    i just got a new lancer GLS CVT., i just read your comments., imonitor ko ung mga concern nio about sa lights, and sa mga fog.,

iam happy with my first car., pag may mga problems kau sa car nio post nio lang., para macompare ko., tnx

4. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    "Normal condensation is a natural process. Headlamps are vented to alleviate changes in pressure. Atmospheric air contains water vapor or humidity. When this air enters the headlamp through the vents there is a possibility that condensation can occur if the temperature is cold enough. When normal condensation occurs, a thin film of mist can form on the inside surface of the plastic lens. The thin mist will clear and exit through the vents during normal operation." (Got this from a Land Rover Technical Bulletin)

This link explains everything and has photos: Land Rover Technical Bulletin

Unlike the old sealed-beams which were completely impervious to dirt, moisture, etc. I think most cars today use polycarbonate lens for lights (which are flexible unlike glass) so they need some form of ventilation. Otherwise, the lens will deform each time the air inside expands or contract due to the the heat of the bulbs. Some lights are just a little better designed than others.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123