New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    guys, i took my wife's 2003 lancer gls today at MOA. I travelled approx 70-80 kms. Route: qc-marikina-fort bonifacio-moa-qc. To my surprise the fuel guage reads that i consumed half of what we had before leaving the house. Rough estimate i just did 6-6.5 km/l with good flow of traffic. Malakas diba? My 325i (2.5 I-6) gets 7 km/l, titanium 3.2L 4x4 gets 8 km/l. Regular tune-up was done about 5 months ago. Sometimes erratic idling and strong fuel smell on the tailpipe during cold start.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Hello be36.

I used to drive a 2006 Cedia Lancer, and in my case, I get 7.5 to 9km/l pure city driving, mixed moderate/heavy conditions. 6-6.5 km/l for the CVT/4G18 may be too low. Try observing it more and see if it changes. (If you can, try doing the same route under similar conditions and see if there is a pattern.) It may be that the engine is running a very rich air-fuel mixture kaya malakas ang konsumo. This can mean a problem with the temp sensor or anything related to it, or maybe the airflow sensor system or a component of the MAF sensor system has gone poof. Nag palit ba kayo lately ng parts, like air filter/spark plugs? Pwede rin kasi yun. Maraming possibilities, actually. Nag-on ba yung check engine light nung Lancer, sir?

Don't worry about the strong fuel smell during cold start, unless may visible smoke, or sobrang lakas ng fuel smell. Cars are really designed to run richer than usual when the engine comes from a cold start. Erratic idling ba? What do you mean? Nagdi-dip/spike ba yung idle RPM?

3. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    ^ yesterday i had the TB and MAF cleaned sobrang dumi na nga. this morning when i started the car again balik nanaman yung erratic idling (highest 2k rpm, lowest 300 rpm almost stalled) pero wala na yung strong exhaust smell. according sa mechanic pag hindi namin nakuha sa cleaning most probably servo kit na.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by BE36 View Post
    ^ yesterday i had the TB and MAF cleaned sobrang dumi na nga. this morning when i started the car again balik nanaman yung erratic idling (highest 2k rpm, lowest 300 rpm almost stalled) pero wala na yung strong exhaust smell. according sa mechanic pag hindi namin nakuha sa cleaning most probably servo kit na.
    can you advise me where you had it cleaned? i'm having trouble looking for mechanics who know how to clean mine. thanks.

Lancer GLS Concerns.