New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Hi Guys!

My dad owns a lancer boxtype and I would like to ask for help regarding restoration. This car has been with him for the longest time and he does not want to sell it cause of sentimental reasons. I would just like to restore it a bit as a gift to him. It is in good running condition. Here the few issues that I would like to get fixed

1. Door panels are worn out. front passenger side is bolted for it to stay in place. How much would it cost to repair all four doors?

2. Leather cover for the seats are also worn out. What is the price range for seat covers, not necessarily leather

3. How much for steering wheel replacement and alignment?

4. Does this car support new car stereos (with USB) and what is the price range on these units?

5. Car change color. His boxtype is currently Red, but would like it be repainted to white. How much is that would cost and do i need to make changes on the car registration?

Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by hermit View Post
    Hi Guys!

My dad owns a lancer boxtype and I would like to ask for help regarding restoration. This car has been with him for the longest time and he does not want to sell it cause of sentimental reasons. I would just like to restore it a bit as a gift to him. It is in good running condition. Here the few issues that I would like to get fixed

1. Door panels are worn out. front passenger side is bolted for it to stay in place. How much would it cost to repair all four doors?

2. Leather cover for the seats are also worn out. What is the price range for seat covers, not necessarily leather

4. Does this car support new car stereos (with USB) and what is the price range on these units?

5. Car change color. His boxtype is currently Red, but would like it be repainted to white. How much is that would cost and do i need to make changes on the car registration?

Thanks!
    for #3, before replacing anything, check first the suspension. i tried a suspension repair done at zee. injected the joints before alignment. cost me about 5k all in back then.

for the radio, just buy a new one. price ranges from 3k-10k sa banawe.

for body repair, i was quoted 65k for scrape to metal with major latero.

car is a 78 lancer, a few years older than the box type

Sent from my Thrill 430x using Tapatalk 2

3. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    thanks sirkosero!

Btw, what you guys recommend as a one stop shop for auto repair/restoration? I'm currently staying in pasig/mandaluyong area.

Thanks!

4. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    For number 5, you need to file with LTO with regards sa change color...

Sent from my Windows Phone 8 using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002

You can get a lot of surplus door panels. If you have an FB account, join in these groups:

Old School Car and Parts for Sale Philippines
    Lancer Boxtype(and other cars)Parts For Sale!

You could also check out Old School Pilipinas for tips in restoration.

Having them restored would cost around P 2,000 to P 4,000. But surplus sells for less than that and you may get lucky that they are still in good condition and only needs cleaning up.

Again, keeping that original stock look, you could buy surplus seats. Actually bagay dyan white seat covers which would go for less that P 1,000.00. However, leathers seats vary from P 1,800 to 3,500, depending on the quality.

Steering wheel would depend. If you are looking for an original boxtype SL steering wheel, it usually cost around P 1,500. However, if you have the GSR model (4 spoke), that would cost up to P 3,000. There are replacement steering wheels costing around P 2,000 to P 4,000 with brands such as Momo, Nardi, Sparco, etc.

But of course it does. Going rate is around P 2,000.00 but really depends on the model.

Strip to metal would cost around north of P 30,000. However, wash-over (repainting its current color) ranges from P 16,000 to P 25,000 depending on the store. As usual, the cheaper it is, the less quality you'll have but some paint shops do go the extra mile despite having a cheap price tag.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Thank you sir!

I will check out the place you gave :D