New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



Page 237 of 239 FirstFirst ... 137187227233234235236237238239 LastLast
Results 2,361 to 2,370 of 2383
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    37,977
    #2361
    Quote Originally Posted by mark.609 View Post
    Just thinking about restoring it instead of engine swapping since I just found a shop that supposedly have most of the engine parts and overhaul kits for the 4g32 engine.

    Just looking for other engine options if I ever want to add power aside from putting a 4g63t engine. Kasi alam ko mangdedemonyo mga kaibigan ko na mag engine swap rin tulad nila HAHAHA. Ngayon palang nga, nagsusuggest na sila ng pwede ilagay HAHA.

    Iím looking for a boxtype since that was my friendís first car that we used to play with around 5 or 6 years ago, he sold it and did not dare buying it back kasi alam namin nakatay na yun ng nakabili . Now, na medyo nakakaluwag na kami and may kanya kanyang daily na. Naghahanap na kami ng project cars na bubuin and magagamit, usually 80ís or 90ís talaga trip namin kasi nagagandahan kami sa mga sasakyan nung era na yun. Plus, I really like the boxtype in terms of size and looks, thatís why Iím aiming for that instead of a pizza or cedia.
    there's a red one advertised in carousell now. it's asking price is half your budget.
    good condition, according to the ad. heh heh.
    worth a call?

  2. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    3,211
    #2362
    Quote Originally Posted by mark.609 View Post
    Just thinking about restoring it instead of engine swapping since I just found a shop that supposedly have most of the engine parts and overhaul kits for the 4g32 engine.

    Just looking for other engine options if I ever want to add power aside from putting a 4g63t engine. Kasi alam ko mangdedemonyo mga kaibigan ko na mag engine swap rin tulad nila HAHAHA. Ngayon palang nga, nagsusuggest na sila ng pwede ilagay HAHA.

    Iím looking for a boxtype since that was my friendís first car that we used to play with around 5 or 6 years ago, he sold it and did not dare buying it back kasi alam namin nakatay na yun ng nakabili . Now, na medyo nakakaluwag na kami and may kanya kanyang daily na. Naghahanap na kami ng project cars na bubuin and magagamit, usually 80ís or 90ís talaga trip namin kasi nagagandahan kami sa mga sasakyan nung era na yun. Plus, I really like the boxtype in terms of size and looks, thatís why Iím aiming for that instead of a pizza or cedia.
    I understand the feeling. Also thinking of doing a project car, and the boxtype Lancer is one of the last RWD cars still readily available and affordable.

  3. Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    20
    #2363
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    there's a red one advertised in carousell now. it's asking price is half your budget.
    good condition, according to the ad. heh heh.
    worth a call?
    Is that the sl priced at 160k? Iíll save it and probably give the owner a call after the quarantine since I canít go to his area right now.

    Thank you dr. d!

  4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    37,977
    #2364
    Quote Originally Posted by mark.609 View Post
    Is that the sl priced at 160k? I’ll save it and probably give the owner a call after the quarantine since I can’t go to his area right now.

    Thank you dr. d!
    that's the one.
    it's been there for several months already.
    some years ago, there were many good-looking box lancers on sale, one would think a box lancer club was disbanding...
    i guess box lancers aren't sellin' like hotcakes anymore.

    i used to drive a pre-owned one for about a year. got it from a colleague. i wasn't planning on selling it, but someone made me an offer i couldn't refu$e.

  5. Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    20
    #2365
    [QUOTE=dr. d;3163433]that's the one.
    it's been there for several months already.
    some years ago, there were many good-looking box lancers on sale, one would think a box lancer club was disbanding...
    i guess box lancers aren't sellin' like hotcakes anymore.

    i used to drive a pre-owned one for about a year. got it from a colleague. i wasn't planning on selling it, but someone made me an offer i couldn't refu$e



    Probably due to its age. It is nearly 40 years old after all, it doesnít really help that most units for sale online are rusting away and was not taken care of . Even toyotas within the same era arenít selling like it used to (kp61 starlets, corolla dx). I was also looking at the the toyota starlet for a while (kp61 in particular) but got ddiscouraged at how difficult it is to find parts. Atleast the boxtypes have a supply of surplus and brandnew parts.

    And probably people would prefer efi engines rather than carb types since itís easier to maintain and more practical specially during times like these.

  6. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    725
    #2366
    Ano na kaya nangyari kay
    Mark..?

    Sent from my ASUS_X00QD using Tapatalk

  7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    37,977
    #2367
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelson de Leon View Post
    Ano na kaya nangyari kay
    Mark..?

    Sent from my ASUS_X00QD using Tapatalk
    i did recommend a red boxtype that had been on the market for a long time now.
    the car is still on sale, but its price had dropped...

  8. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,050
    #2368
    Series II Sentra is also quite boxy styling if that's what floats your boat. Ok din pang project car since you can get them cheap and SR20 for engine swap isn't too expensive (yet?).

    There was a really clean one posted in the JDM facebook group and owner was asking just 88k. Probably sold na coz post is gone now.

  9. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    725
    #2369
    Anybody here know where to buy 4g94 engine? Got something brewing in my mind...

    Sent from my ASUS_X00QD using Tapatalk

  10. Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    7
    #2370
    Hello. Ask ko lang po what kaya cause pag may rattle sound when accelerating ako in high rev? Pag idle po or lower rev or when it is raining wala namn sya. Thank you


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lancer (97-02 ) Pizza Pie Tambayan Thread