New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 236 of 239 FirstFirst ... 136186226232233234235236237238239 LastLast
Results 2,351 to 2,360 of 2383
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    Try mo yung engine ng adventure na gas.. efi na yun
    that's a 2-liter engine also used by the galant at that time.
    some folks say it's a gas guzzler.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i haven't tried it, but
    after you buy the boxtype, you'll have to look for the engine to be transplanted, a transmission box / bell housing adaptor, then engine mounting, etc, etc, etc...
    plus, those boxtypes are ancient and the unit you will buy will probably need a lot of money-eating body repairs.
    my easy way out, is to forgo the boxtype purchase, and instead buy a more modern car that will need significantly less effort to fix up.

i once tried to fix an orphan car. it's something i would not want to do, again.

good luck.

btw,
    what is your budget for the entire exercise, po?
    My budget would be around 80k for the car (depending on the condition. Willing to pay more if less or exterior and interior repairs are necessary) and around 250k max for the swap. So maybe 300k-370k for the entire build including necessary repairs and replacements before inserting the engine.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2019
    that's a 2-liter engine also used by the galant at that time.
    some folks say it's a gas guzzler.
    Mileage isnít really a priority since Iím expecting na mas madalas pa sa mekaniko ito kaysa magamit. Plus, most likely magiging alternative lang siya sa daily. The worst mileage Iíve experience was 4km/l for city driving with my 1995 mazda 626.

May engine po ba kay na mairerecommend aside from the 4g63t or 4g63 sohc for the boxtype?. Kasi naiisip ko ngayon 4age swap nalang HAHAHA kaso Iím hoping na mitsubishi parin sana yung heart ng boxtype para naman di magalit sakin yung ibang mga nagrerestore ng boxtype.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mark.609 View Post
    Mileage isnít really a priority since Iím expecting na mas madalas pa sa mekaniko ito kaysa magamit. Plus, most likely magiging alternative lang siya sa daily. The worst mileage Iíve experience was 4km/l for city driving with my 1995 mazda 626.

May engine po ba kay na mairerecommend aside from the 4g63t or 4g63 sohc for the boxtype?. Kasi naiisip ko ngayon 4age swap nalang HAHAHA kaso Iím hoping na mitsubishi parin sana yung heart ng boxtype para naman di magalit sakin yung ibang mga nagrerestore ng boxtype.
    You can use a 4G63 DOHC na NA lang (walang turbo) from a JDM Space Wagon RVR, mas mura or a local Galant GTI 7th gen (pero why gut such a beautiful and rare car already?). Pwede rin 4G92 na MIVEC. Kung buhay pa yung mitsulancerph.net, join ka to get more info.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Mileage isnít really a priority since Iím expecting na mas madalas pa sa mekaniko ito kaysa magamit. .
    now, who wants this type of a car?
    heh heh.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2019
    heh heh.
    HAHA true enough, Of course after completely restomodifying the car I expect to use it more. Pero expected na while in the process of restomodding it would be in the shop more often for adjustments or repairs since some parts are quite hard to find.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2019
    heh heh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yatta View Post
    You can use a 4G63 DOHC na NA lang (walang turbo) from a JDM Space Wagon RVR, mas mura or a local Galant GTI 7th gen (pero why gut such a beautiful and rare car already?). Pwede rin 4G92 na MIVEC. Kung buhay pa yung mitsulancerph.net, join ka to get more info.
    Sige sir, thank you sir! Will update this thread if my project pushes through (hopefully it does)

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    There was a green pizza hereabouts with a 6a10 engine. I rode it about 10 years ago so no idea if it's still running.

Sent from my SM-A605G using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    My budget would be around 80k for the car (depending on the condition. Willing to pay more if less or exterior and interior repairs are necessary) and around 250k max for the swap. So maybe 300k-370k for the entire build including necessary repairs and replacements before inserting the engine.
    You got me curious sir. Hehe! If you have that kind of budget, why not restore it to proper specs and gawin Sunday car, if it's for the love of the boxtype. It seems you're not after performance naman.

Then buy a pizza or a Cedia for everyday car. Easy to maintain. Lots of parts and mechanic.

Just my dos centavos sir.

Sent from my ASUS_X00QD using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelson de Leon View Post
    You got me curious sir. Hehe! If you have that kind of budget, why not restore it to proper specs and gawin Sunday car, if it's for the love of the boxtype. It seems you're not after performance naman.

Then buy a pizza or a Cedia for everyday car. Easy to maintain. Lots of parts and mechanic.

Just my dos centavos sir.

Sent from my ASUS_X00QD using Tapatalk
    Just thinking about restoring it instead of engine swapping since I just found a shop that supposedly have most of the engine parts and overhaul kits for the 4g32 engine.

Just looking for other engine options if I ever want to add power aside from putting a 4g63t engine. Kasi alam ko mangdedemonyo mga kaibigan ko na mag engine swap rin tulad nila HAHAHA. Ngayon palang nga, nagsusuggest na sila ng pwede ilagay HAHA.

Iím looking for a boxtype since that was my friendís first car that we used to play with around 5 or 6 years ago, he sold it and did not dare buying it back kasi alam namin nakatay na yun ng nakabili . Now, na medyo nakakaluwag na kami and may kanya kanyang daily na. Naghahanap na kami ng project cars na bubuin and magagamit, usually 80ís or 90ís talaga trip namin kasi nagagandahan kami sa mga sasakyan nung era na yun. Plus, I really like the boxtype in terms of size and looks, thatís why Iím aiming for that instead of a pizza or cedia.

Lancer (97-02 ) Pizza Pie Tambayan Thread