New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 235 of 238 FirstFirst ... 135185225231232233234235236237238 LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,350 of 2375
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by mark.609 View Post
    Hello,

Question lang po: may naka try na po ba mag engine swap ng pizza pie engine (4g92) sa lancer boxtype? (1980’s gt or gsr). Possible po ba yung engine swap na yun o mag kaka problema in terms of space sa engine bay?

I’ve been thinking about buying a boxtype and swapping the engine and tranny out for a 4g92 engine as a project car that could possibly used as a daily or weekend car.
    i haven't tried it, but
    after you buy the boxtype, you'll have to look for the engine to be transplanted, a transmission box / bell housing adaptor, then engine mounting, etc, etc, etc...
    plus, those boxtypes are ancient and the unit you will buy will probably need a lot of money-eating body repairs.
    my easy way out, is to forgo the boxtype purchase, and instead buy a more modern car that will need significantly less effort to fix up.

i once tried to fix an orphan car. it's something i would not want to do, again.

good luck.

btw,
    what is your budget for the entire exercise, po?
    Last edited by dr. d; April 8th, 2020 at 07:37 PM.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    Try mo yung engine ng adventure na gas.. efi na yun
    Thats a 4G63 SOHC.

Sent from my SM-T825Y using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    Try mo yung engine ng adventure na gas.. efi na yun
    that's a 2-liter engine also used by the galant at that time.
    some folks say it's a gas guzzler.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i haven't tried it, but
    after you buy the boxtype, you'll have to look for the engine to be transplanted, a transmission box / bell housing adaptor, then engine mounting, etc, etc, etc...
    plus, those boxtypes are ancient and the unit you will buy will probably need a lot of money-eating body repairs.
    my easy way out, is to forgo the boxtype purchase, and instead buy a more modern car that will need significantly less effort to fix up.

i once tried to fix an orphan car. it's something i would not want to do, again.

good luck.

btw,
    what is your budget for the entire exercise, po?
    My budget would be around 80k for the car (depending on the condition. Willing to pay more if less or exterior and interior repairs are necessary) and around 250k max for the swap. So maybe 300k-370k for the entire build including necessary repairs and replacements before inserting the engine.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2019
    that's a 2-liter engine also used by the galant at that time.
    some folks say it's a gas guzzler.
    Mileage isn’t really a priority since I’m expecting na mas madalas pa sa mekaniko ito kaysa magamit. Plus, most likely magiging alternative lang siya sa daily. The worst mileage I’ve experience was 4km/l for city driving with my 1995 mazda 626.

May engine po ba kay na mairerecommend aside from the 4g63t or 4g63 sohc for the boxtype?. Kasi naiisip ko ngayon 4age swap nalang HAHAHA kaso I’m hoping na mitsubishi parin sana yung heart ng boxtype para naman di magalit sakin yung ibang mga nagrerestore ng boxtype.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Mileage isn’t really a priority since I’m expecting na mas madalas pa sa mekaniko ito kaysa magamit. Plus, most likely magiging alternative lang siya sa daily. The worst mileage I’ve experience was 4km/l for city driving with my 1995 mazda 626.

May engine po ba kay na mairerecommend aside from the 4g63t or 4g63 sohc for the boxtype?. Kasi naiisip ko ngayon 4age swap nalang HAHAHA kaso I’m hoping na mitsubishi parin sana yung heart ng boxtype para naman di magalit sakin yung ibang mga nagrerestore ng boxtype.
    You can use a 4G63 DOHC na NA lang (walang turbo) from a JDM Space Wagon RVR, mas mura or a local Galant GTI 7th gen (pero why gut such a beautiful and rare car already?). Pwede rin 4G92 na MIVEC. Kung buhay pa yung mitsulancerph.net, join ka to get more info.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Mileage isn’t really a priority since I’m expecting na mas madalas pa sa mekaniko ito kaysa magamit. .
    now, who wants this type of a car?
    heh heh.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2019
    heh heh.
    HAHA true enough, Of course after completely restomodifying the car I expect to use it more. Pero expected na while in the process of restomodding it would be in the shop more often for adjustments or repairs since some parts are quite hard to find.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2019
    heh heh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yatta View Post
    You can use a 4G63 DOHC na NA lang (walang turbo) from a JDM Space Wagon RVR, mas mura or a local Galant GTI 7th gen (pero why gut such a beautiful and rare car already?). Pwede rin 4G92 na MIVEC. Kung buhay pa yung mitsulancerph.net, join ka to get more info.
    Sige sir, thank you sir! Will update this thread if my project pushes through (hopefully it does)

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    There was a green pizza hereabouts with a 6a10 engine. I rode it about 10 years ago so no idea if it's still running.

Sent from my SM-A605G using Tapatalk

Lancer (97-02 ) Pizza Pie Tambayan Thread