New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    I apologize in advance for my ignorance. But there's something I would wish to clear out.

I have a 95 Lancer EL with a 4G13 carbureted engine. I was surfing the Net looking up this particular engine, but all I came out with was a 4G13 fuel-injected engine.

Did the Lancer ever come out locally with a fuel-injected 4G13 engine? Does the FI 4G13 use the same kind of air filter, fuel filter, etc?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    AFAIK Mitsubishi Philippines did not released an EFI 4G13.

What you probably saw are from other countries like Malaysia where Proton vehicles have 4G13 EFI.

Paki korek na lang po kung mali.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Walang local na fuel injected 4g13. I wasn't even aware that there is a fuel injected 4g13 :D

4. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    So, wala palang local na FI 4G13. But would you know if the FI 4G13 would use the same fuel filter and air filter as its carbureted counterpart?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    But would you know if the FI 4G13 would use the same fuel filter and air filter as its carbureted counterpart
    Most probably not.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    problem kse dito sa atin hanggang matitipid nila tayo gagawin at gagawin nila unlike sa ibang bansa na kumpleto eventhough low end yung sasakyan ,, maybe with some exceptions sa other car manufacturers dito

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sa Japan ang mga Lancer models may available na AWD lagi, not necessarily the evo trim..sarap nun kung meron din nun dito :D

8. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    The 1.5 liter engines of the Lancer Singkit Gli models are EFI. They decided to remove EFI from 1.5 models on later models to bring the price down since other brands do not have EFI.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    yup the first itlog lancer '93 models are 1.5 eci engines...come 94 the removed the eci and replaced it with the power steering as standard equipment...

Lancer 4G13