New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Sirs,

Implanning to get a second hand car..
    just wanted to jnow kung ok tong kotse na to..
    2003 pataas..

in terms of maintainance and fuel consumption siguro..
    yung mga madalas masira and siguro kahit konteng performance..
    pinagiisipan kase namin ito, altis 02-03 a/t or city 03-04(idsi) cvt..

thanks sir sa mga feedbacks..
    parang ok kase yung car sa itsura..
    actually for my girlfriend to..

thanks..

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    MX is better because CVT na. GLS is the typical tranny.
    2003 is a Cedia. Yes, it looks good, and there are really no big issues concerning these models. The suspension issues as well as the aircon issues previously encountered on the pizza models were eliminated here.

but.
    considering that your other choices are the altis and the city, i would go for the altis. bigger and more fuel efficient.

the city sana is ok, but its smaller and i really do not like how it looks. but since para sa gf mo ito, baka pwede na sa kanya ang city. mas maganda kasi ang resale ng toyotas and hondas.

to summarize:

FC: City
    Looks: Lancer
    Size: Altis
    Resale: Altis, slight edge
    Parts: Lancer
    Easy to Drive: slightly, City

3. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Thanks sir..nice review..
    mm..actually ngaun lang sumagi sa isip ko tong lancer..mejo mas mura sya ng konte e..hehe

anymore feedbacks sirs?
    thanks..

basta yung sa lancer 1.6 cvt..dko kase sure kung cvt tlga lahat ng lancer na a/t e..numbers din cguro ng consumption ok din..

4. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    i too have a cedia mx, 2005 model. bought it 2nd hand last month. no problems naman so far...things i noticed though...

a. substantial road noise over coarse pavement (had a type z before, road noise is almost the same...could it be the tires? am running on yoko a-drives, stock size)
    b. very quiet on smooth pavement (definitely better than the type z before)
    c. smooth shifting cvt
    d. 7 km/l city driving with a relaxed right foot
    e. classy interior, good legroom at the back
    f. engine power is ok, but my old type z 1.3 could outrun this one anyday...so don't dream of challenging subcompacts with a manual tranny
    g. mash your foot on the floor and here a harsh growl, dunno if this is the cvt or the 4g18 engine struggling....

my only concern is the lifespan of the cvt. don't know if anyone here has a cvt lancer with over 100,000 km on the clock.... anyone?

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    My current ride is a 2003 Lancer MX.
    Mileage is 72k. No problems whatsoever with the CVT. Its very durable.
    I drove it roughly, shifting up at 6k rpm when driving up to Baguio.
    I also frequently shift neutral, when coasting, then shift to drive again when I want to accelerate. CVT still shifts like when its new.

About road noise, yes, its the tires. Our tires are low profile ones hence more noise transmitted. Change to more expensive tires = lower noise. But I'd rather get cheaper ones...better on the pocket.

Sound system is also nice. Nicer than that of the Altis.

I'd like to debunk about the post that Altis is bigger than the Lancer.

Altis
    Length (mm) 4530
    Width (mm) 1705
    Height (mm) 1500

Lancer
    Length (mm) 4535
    Width (mm) 1695
    Height (mm) 1445

You really won't notice it inside.

Lancer is really a cruiser, on long drive (taking advantage of that "6th" gear) will warrant you a good fuel economy. Around 15 - 17km/l.
    City driving will always depend on traffic, so no sense comparing that. All similar engined cars will drink the same fuel when stuck in traffic.

What I like most about the Lancer is
    1. Stereo = Top of the line pioneer (You get an LCD version if your lucky)
    2. Very strong body, na bangga na ako ilang times, paint damage lng sa bumper.
    3. Doors closing sounds solid. Parang Benz.

All in all, its a good buy. Since you're buying a 2nd hand car anyway...if you sell it as 3rd hand...Altis vs Lancer 3rd hand price difference would be around 3k -5k lng naman. Small change lng yan.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by istan View Post
    My current ride is a 2003 Lancer MX.
    Mileage is 72k. No problems whatsoever with the CVT. Its very durable.
    I drove it roughly, shifting up at 6k rpm when driving up to Baguio.
    I also frequently shift neutral, when coasting, then shift to drive again when I want to accelerate. CVT still shifts like when its new.

About road noise, yes, its the tires. Our tires are low profile ones hence more noise transmitted. Change to more expensive tires = lower noise. But I'd rather get cheaper ones...better on the pocket.

Sound system is also nice. Nicer than that of the Altis.

I'd like to debunk about the post that Altis is bigger than the Lancer.

Altis
    Length (mm) 4530
    Width (mm) 1705
    Height (mm) 1500

Lancer
    Length (mm) 4535
    Width (mm) 1695
    Height (mm) 1445

You really won't notice it inside.

Lancer is really a cruiser, on long drive (taking advantage of that "6th" gear) will warrant you a good fuel economy. Around 15 - 17km/l.
    City driving will always depend on traffic, so no sense comparing that. All similar engined cars will drink the same fuel when stuck in traffic.

What I like most about the Lancer is
    1. Stereo = Top of the line pioneer (You get an LCD version if your lucky)
    2. Very strong body, na bangga na ako ilang times, paint damage lng sa bumper.
    3. Doors closing sounds solid. Parang Benz.

All in all, its a good buy. Since you're buying a 2nd hand car anyway...if you sell it as 3rd hand...Altis vs Lancer 3rd hand price difference would be around 3k -5k lng naman. Small change lng yan.
    The Altis is also a good city cruiser i usually get about 8-9km per liter with the automatic (9th gen) i'm suprised that the lancer is a cruiser, i used to have lancers and for me they're more of a sporty car (relatively neutral handling) rather than cruisers , it feels more like a honda civic except the civic has lots of grip esp the rear vs a toyota altis (understeer galore with lack of rear grip too).

7. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Hmmm..
    so far ganito kase ranking ko..

honda city 1.3 isdi cvt
    altis 1.6e or g a/t
    lancer 1.6 mx cvt..parang mas ok yata yung after cedia..hehe dko alam mga tawag sir e..

basically ang concerns ko e..
    fuel economy - I have a car civic 1.6 vti na manual, and gusto ko sana yung car nya mas matipid, mejo magastos pag may dala kame car pareho..
    in this aspect parang lamanag na lamang yung city e..
    para to give me an idea of the consumtion ng altis and lancer if in my civic i get 8.5km/li how much would i get with altis and lancer?

yung interior - ok din yung maganda yung interior, mejo classy..sa aspect na to sa lancer ako..parang ganda yung interior nya e..

resale value - a very small factor, but may factor pa din for choosing a car. city and altis are ok in this aspect.

yung altis lagi lang 2nd place for me, pero i think ok pa rin sya..

mejo naguguluhan pa kame..hehe..

sa mga magdadagdag ng inputs..maraming salamat..

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by kenz View Post
    i too have a cedia mx, 2005 model. bought it 2nd hand last month. no problems naman so far...things i noticed though...

a. substantial road noise over coarse pavement (had a type z before, road noise is almost the same...could it be the tires? am running on yoko a-drives, stock size)
    b. very quiet on smooth pavement (definitely better than the type z before)
    c. smooth shifting cvt
    d. 7 km/l city driving with a relaxed right foot
    e. classy interior, good legroom at the back
    f. engine power is ok, but my old type z 1.3 could outrun this one anyday...so don't dream of challenging subcompacts with a manual tranny
    g. mash your foot on the floor and here a harsh growl, dunno if this is the cvt or the 4g18 engine struggling....

my only concern is the lifespan of the cvt. don't know if anyone here has a cvt lancer with over 100,000 km on the clock.... anyone?
    hmmm, i have not known someone with 100k na naka cvt. try mo din magtanong bro sa mitsulancerph.net

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by josephtan2k View Post
    Hmmm..
    so far ganito kase ranking ko..

honda city 1.3 isdi cvt
    altis 1.6e or g a/t
    lancer 1.6 mx cvt..parang mas ok yata yung after cedia..hehe dko alam mga tawag sir e..

basically ang concerns ko e..
    fuel economy - I have a car civic 1.6 vti na manual, and gusto ko sana yung car nya mas matipid, mejo magastos pag may dala kame car pareho..
    in this aspect parang lamanag na lamang yung city e..
    para to give me an idea of the consumtion ng altis and lancer if in my civic i get 8.5km/li how much would i get with altis and lancer?

yung interior - ok din yung maganda yung interior, mejo classy..sa aspect na to sa lancer ako..parang ganda yung interior nya e..

resale value - a very small factor, but may factor pa din for choosing a car. city and altis are ok in this aspect.

yung altis lagi lang 2nd place for me, pero i think ok pa rin sya..

mejo naguguluhan pa kame..hehe..

sa mga magdadagdag ng inputs..maraming salamat..
    meron ka palang factor ng fuel consumption eh.
    if that is the case, get the city. altis consume around 8-9 kpl. lancers, around 8 kpl. sa city, mga 10-12 kpl/city.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    *istan, glad to hear the cvt is doing great even with the hard driving....other than that really, sulit yung lancer....leather inside, sometimes i feel like a chauffuer driving a luxury car with my jeans and t shirts. hehehe....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast