New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    Just in case you choose the lancer. Take great care to change the transmission oil in the CASA lng and use the CASA recommended tranny oil. Even if 1 quart of the wrong transmission oil is placed in the CVT, it will result in a busted tranny.

Note that: CVT is not serviceable, its a replaceable part and its mighty expensive, upwards of P200k ++

If you take care of your tranny though, it'll last the life of your vehicle.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    I also got last december 2008 a lancer gls cvt 2008 1.6L engine.

Comparing with other brands in its line (toyotas vios & altis, hondas civic, jazz & city, Fords focus, Suzukis, Kias, etc.), Id say it's quite the best for it's price.

Excellent handling (straight and curves), acceleration (0 to 80Kph in 5-6 seconds - NB: gas pedal not yet floored) di ka ipapahiya sa overtaking, speed vs fuel consumption (180 Kph at the skyway * 5000rpm; cruised at sustained 170kph * 4500rpm sa SCTEX stretch going to La Union with fuel consumption of about 15-17km/liter), city drive fuel consumption 9.5km/liter average. Great aircon cooling and heating capacity (helpful during the cold months last december to February). Nice sounds though the stock stereo is not yet a dvd type. No shift shock. Uphill, panalo rin. So far, since bago pa, wala pa ako experienced problems. I just hope it will really live to its promise to last.

The only thing that I think they should have improved on with the car is the exterior design. They could have adapted the looks of the lancer EX, toyotas, or the new honda city (which are all, by the way, more expensive. hehehe).

OVERALL: It's a great buy.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    may lancer ex gls dito ..2nd hand 980t *_*

worth it ba ???

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12