New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    ask ko lang pwede po ba sa diesel typ ng gas ng eroplano kasi po i try it to my mitsubishi adventure diesel typ hmm sa ngayun wala pa naman po problema nkakasama po ba sa kotse ng gas ng eroplano if ever na wala epekto sa kotse cguro yun na lang gagamtin ko kaysa mag gas up pa po ako sa gasoline station or haluin ko na lang with diesel and jet a1 na gas tnx

2. Join Date
    May 2007
    No, it shouldn't be a problem at all. In fact, as I remember when I was in the U.S Navy we've been using JP-8 (jet fuel similar to Jet-A) for ALL of it's diesel powered vehicles. A diesel engine will run on lots of different fuel oils. However, I can't imagine why a gasman would intentionally mix in Jet-A with diesel, as Jet-A is more expensive than common diesel, unless he's getting it free (AKA fuel that was de-fueled from an aircraft for maintenance purposes)

And for you, you'll need some processing is required. This could be as simple as prefiltering prior to use.
    In order to not harm your engines, you will need to raise the flashpoint of the JP4 or JP5.(FP = 0F). Petro diesel has a flashpoint of ~180F.

Mixing it with waste oil is a good idea, but proportioning will be an issue.

You will need to have both the JP4 or JP5 and the Oil you intend to use tested in a local lab. You need to know the following

1. pour point
    2. viscosity (THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT, KAYA ATTENTION SA DETAIL)
    3. flashpoint.

then Prepare a decade series of mixtures with increasing amounts of oil

1% oil, 10% oil, 20% and so on.

plot the flash points for this series and determine the exact mixture that gives you 182 degrees F.

If your JP4 is in barrels the mixing is easier. Just dont use a tank farm there will be more processing.You could but you will have to deal with algae, water and a lot of sediment. Its good to know that you brought up this one here in tsikot, and who knows you'll be the next diesel tycoon.

Good luck.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    ow thx sir by the way my brother is working in airline aircraft mehanic so thats why im getting lots of jet a1 fuel if i go to their hangar by the way sir isnt workful to put a jet a1 gas to my mitsubishi dielsel typ or i better stick on diesel typ gas in gasoline station what do u think sir

4. Join Date
    May 2007
    That I cannot answer. The decision is your's. Sorry.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    ok thnx sir im gonna observe it what is the effect of jet a1

6. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    MODERATORS NOTE:

SMS or TXT SPEAK is NOT ALLOWED IN TSIKOT.COM.

Jet a1 gas