New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 204 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by orangepedicab View Post
    Mga sirs,noob question..what is a lemon unit exactly?

a defective unit or something like that.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by orangepedicab View Post
    Mga sirs,noob question..what is a lemon unit exactly?
    A lemon is a defective car that is found to have numerous or severe defects not readily apparent before its purchase. Any vehicle with these issues can be termed a 'lemon,' and, by extension, any product which has major flaws that render it unfit for its purpose can be described as a 'lemon'.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lemon_(automobile)
    Last edited by XTO; May 25th, 2009 at 09:23 PM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    i encountered a remote keyless entry problem earlier, ayaw na sya mag function and all i have to do was use the key manually to lock/unlock the door. did so many resets on the code alarm's dash button with the help of winterpine's tech, but to no avail.

after a couple of days the head of winterpine called and instructed to remove the battery of the steering audio remote and back. voila, the remote keyless entry went back to life. meron yatang interference between their frequencies. if ever daw na mangyari uli, winterpine will replace the steering remote.

just a heads up kung sakaling may maka encounter ng ganitong problem.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by WenG2 View Post
    i encountered a remote keyless entry problem earlier, ayaw na sya mag function and all i have to do was use the key manually to lock/unlock the door. did so many resets on the code alarm's dash button with the help of winterpine's tech, but to no avail.

after a couple of days the head of winterpine called and instructed to remove the battery of the steering audio remote and back. voila, the remote keyless entry went back to life. meron yatang interference between their frequencies. if ever daw na mangyari uli, winterpine will replace the steering remote.

great feedback..im sure it will help a lot of MS owners.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    hello po sa inyo!

yung steering remote ko naman po merong times na ayaw umandar. hindi nagrerespond yung HU when i press the buttons. i'm thinking it could be the battery. i haven't replaced it yet. palitan ko ng bago once magloko sya ulit.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Clarification lang:

What I was complaining about was the air leak on my airconditioning unit. May buga sa ilalim ng console going to my feet even if my airflow setting is towards the face. Normal lang daw yun, will have it checked na lang pag nagupgrade na ko ng sound system para isang baklasan na lang.

As to my 5k PMS, yes 2 liters of Synthetic Oil BUT I did get the remaining unused oil. Halos 1/4th lang nabawas dun sa 2nd liter. Mahal lang talaga oil filter so 2,100 is not bad at all.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2008

have similar problems with my remote keyless entry, hassle pa kasi isang beses malakas and ulan and when i left the vehicle ayaw mag lock kahit na anong pindut ko sa remote. i waited din kung mag auto-lock siya pero ayaw din. it does not happen often pero once in a while nangyayari pa rin. at least i have an idea to remedy the situation next time. thanks for the info.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by yuls View Post
    have similar problems with my remote keyless entry, hassle pa kasi isang beses malakas and ulan and when i left the vehicle ayaw mag lock kahit na anong pindut ko sa remote. i waited din kung mag auto-lock siya pero ayaw din. it does not happen often pero once in a while nangyayari pa rin. at least i have an idea to remedy the situation next time. thanks for the info.
    yuls,

why don't you contact the dealer or SA so they can fix a replacement steering remote. i am waiting for winterpine to send me a replacement steering remote as it had gone tits up again.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    yuls,

why don't you contact the dealer or SA so they can fix a replacement steering remote. i am waiting for winterpine to send me a replacement steering remote as it had gone tits up again.
    it comes and goes kaya i plan to have it checked out on the 5k PMS, and so far it's the only complain i have and the high price of the PMS compared to other dealerships

10. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by yuls View Post
    it comes and goes kaya i plan to have it checked out on the 5k PMS, and so far it's the only complain i have and the high price of the PMS compared to other dealerships

according to peter of winterpine, the casa techs can't do anything about it because they are the one who installed it. if it was an engine or other mechanical defect then they can service it. so, it's best to inform your SA so they can forward your concern to winterpine. nakaka irita minsan kasi na kabago-bago lang nag sasakyan mo, susi ang gamit mo pag bukas at pag lock nakakahiya din tingnan sa mga katabi mong nakaparada.

ISSUES FOR THE MONTERO SPORT. Please post them here.