New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 204 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxer_50 View Post
    *easyman3,
    I'm having as well issue # 1. Minsan meron din ako naririnig slight "thud" sound upon starting the engine.. Parang sa baba galing eh. Napacheck mo na ba sa casa?
    Sir kindly bring it to the casa na lang para sure ka.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Sir, I got 1-3 issues when I got my brand new 3.2 Strada. At first akala ko sira ang makina, it's just the nature of diesel engines. I find the engine too noisy too.

After my first 1000km oil change, all these symptoms went away. Kailangan lang proper break in period like all diesel engines.

Quote Originally Posted by easyman3 View Post
    Here are mine:
    1. When you start the engine, you feel (more often than not) a thud as if the engine hits the chasis or the body.
    2. When running with auto, the auto upshift gear is felt by a dragging feeling as if "nabitin" ang shift. Note, it is not the downshif (which is normal). but i do understand that the auto transmission will downshift if you push the accelator pedal down. I recommmned you to use the sportronic manual shift for GLS SE.
    3. The engine is too noisy at 1500 rpm.
    4. Do not put the standard rear spoiler. It will only create an acumulation of dirt on the rear mirror/window

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    so far none of the above naman sa 'kin. sirs, sana maayos agad mga naging problems ng MS arised.

btw kauwi ko lang, napalaban ako sa ulan finally i already tested my wipers (front and rear are excellent and very smooth :2thumbsup intermittent (speed sensitive) is cool too

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    There you go. Walang ganung problems kay sir XTO (MS 3.2), therefore, hindi normal yung aforementioned issues (actually imposibleng normal talaga yun).

5. Join Date
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxer_50 View Post
    *easyman3,
    I'm having as well issue # 1. Minsan meron din ako naririnig slight "thud" sound upon starting the engine.. Parang sa baba galing eh. Napacheck mo na ba sa casa?
    Yes i did. the mechanic sid that they also notice one from the other but the owner did not notice. after fixing that unit, ako din daw. pinababalik sa akin dahil no time na when i went there.

Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    btw, mali spelling ng Montero Sport sa title.

As for the engine noise, some deadening material and muffler *might* fix that.

for the #1, #2 & #3, mukhang sira yung sasakyan mo bro. Baka lemon unit. Papalitan mo sa Mitsu habang maaga. Tell them the Thai workers might be f*cking up the products because of the turmoil and social discontent. Same thing American workers do with American cars.

Good thing, di sya biglang tumitirik.
    Ye i will ask for replacement.

ONE MORE PROBLEM, when i shift from Park to drive of Rear, the entire vehicle shakes na parang gustong tumakbo na. Not smooth at all. The technician says normal naman sa ibang unit na try niya. I dont know if true.

Quote Originally Posted by Idoy View Post
    Sir, I got 1-3 issues when I got my brand new 3.2 Strada. At first akala ko sira ang makina, it's just the nature of diesel engines. I find the engine too noisy too.

After my first 1000km oil change, all these symptoms went away. Kailangan lang proper break in period like all diesel engines.
    I hope so man. this is my first diesel car. i am not comfortable with it.

Quote Originally Posted by okey View Post
    sir let us say na those who got lemon units will follow your advice...

should we just go to the casa and say we want to exchange the unit? or is there a better way of doing it so the casa will permit the exchange.
    Who did some exchange before?

Thanks to all the replies.

i will keep you updated on the problem.

6. Join Date
    May 2008
    paano edit title? i do not know..

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I don't have a MS but one thing i noticed was that the service in the CASA is friggin expensive. My friend spent over 7K for their 1K service then when i saw the comparison of the service prices for the MS, Fort and Everest on C! Magazine, it costs much more then the Toyota and Ford (the Toyota and Ford service prices for their estimated lifespan hit around php 100K++ while the Mitsu went well over php 200K).

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by easyman3 View Post
    Yes i did. the mechanic sid that they also notice one from the other but the owner did not notice. after fixing that unit, ako din daw. pinababalik sa akin dahil no time na when i went there.
    Sir let me know the outcome of yours. thanks

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by auto_fanatic View Post
    Ngeks....nakakatakot tuloy bumili ng Mitsu MS. Ok pa naman sana yung 4x3 at Php1.3M. Na ayos na kaya ng Mitsu yung quality control issues ng kotse nila. Pinagpipili-an pa naman namin whether to buy the Mitsu MS 4x2 or the Toyota Fortuner na 2.7 VVTi.......Alin kaya mas ok.....
    The quality control issues of Mitsu in general are long gone. That fact is now recognized worldwide, although people will still tend to link any lemons back to the previous issues as generalization, nakatatak na kasi sa isip yun e.

Kahit naman siguro Fortuner pa, posible pa rin na lemon sya. Depends on luck na rin ng buyer yan. So good luck on whatever you choose to purchase.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    i think these issues appeared with the Strada as well, it might be good to compare notes with our Strada brothers (TSCP) out there

ISSUES FOR THE MONTERO SPORT. Please post them here.