New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Cccj View Post
    Thanks sa replies. If it's engine or transmission support, should I also feel excessive vibration sa body or dashboard ni Monty ko? Kasi in my case, steering wheel lang. Even little bumps matagtag sya.
    Yes.. kahit nasa idle ka pag engine support may problem lalo na pag nag turrn on/engage ng AC.

Have you tried the first comment of dr d? what's your front tire pressure?
    any significant difference in steering vibration while driving at asphalt and cemented road?
    Also check yung pag lock ng steering adjustment.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Front tire pressure is usually at 28. Let me try to observe the rest. Pacheck ko na siguro suspension system sa harap. May nakapagsabi din sa fb, same issue daw sa kanya ang ang problem is steering column.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2017
    [QUOTE=Cccj;3001676]Front tire pressure is usually at 28. Let me try to observe the rest. Pacheck ko na siguro suspension system sa harap. May nakapagsabi din sa fb, same issue daw sa kanya ang ang problem is steering column.[/QUOTE

The tire pressure is okay... just bring to a good/reliable shop, co'z some shop would try to replace almost all your suspension
    components, but could not pin point the main cause. If you're tire is balanced, then possible its the rod end parts.
    maybe you can try to rotate your tire from rear to front if still the same condition.
    If the steering vibrations happens once you stepping the brake, something wrong with brake rotor/pad.

Anyway just my opinion, usually I do a tried to narrow the possible cause before to bring to a shop especially
    if its not known to me.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Thanks. Most likely has nothing to do with breaks. It's a constant vibration while running and I can easily feel the bumps

5. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Thanks. Most likely has nothing to do with breaks. It's a constant vibration while running and I can easily feel the bumps
    Kung constant vibration malamang steering column nga yan at sana bushing lang kung sakali. Malaki trabaho pero maliit lang papalitan.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Thanks. What I recently observed is that the vibration depends on the road condition. If it's a well built asphalt, no vibration at all. Still steering column po?

7. Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by homhomnova View Post
    Kung constant vibration malamang steering column nga yan at sana bushing lang kung sakali. Malaki trabaho pero maliit lang papalitan.
    Same thing Casa said to my relative who had a similar problem of vibration some years prior. Their suggestion was to replace the steering column. Cost was around 25k IIRC. Second gen Montero.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Thanks. What I recently observed is that the vibration depends on the road condition. If it's a well built asphalt, no vibration at all. Still steering column po?
    Sa aking pakiwari ay steering column bushing ang problem pero pinaka mainam dalhin mo na lang sa shop. Kung Makati area ka recommended ko Zafra along Bautista St. Expert sa suspension yun at hindi nanloloko.. at least sa experience ko. Kumpleto sa gamit at piyesa.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Salamat na marami

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12