New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by _Qwerty_ View Post
    Make: 2007 Toyota Avanza G matic

Was among the first in line at Toyota Shaw blvd.. flood was up to aircon knob inside.. binaklas nila lahat.. nilinis.. inayos wiring.. baba transmission.. pinalitan nila lahat nang fluids.. nilinis aircon.. car was running after 3 weeks.. luckily may AOG ako sa insurance.. had the carpet replaced with brand new.. then after 1 week.. bumigay aircon motor.. had that replaced.. nasira din yung isang seatbelt sa 2nd row.. had that replaced too.. lahat sagot nang insurance.. bumigay din pala battery ko after a few months.. had it replaced under warranty sa motolite..

after 6 months.. found rust build up under the hood.. sa may battery stand.. had it repainted.. sagot pa din nang insurance..

after 1 year (november 2010).. heard a humming sound sa engine.. had it checked ulit sa casa.. pinalitan idler pulley.. sagot pa din nang insurance.. humming sound was still there.. then after 1 week.. transmission died while on a test drive sa casa.. they had it towed.. sunog transmission.. insurance wanted overhaul, i declined and said i wanted the entire transmissioin replaced.. took 3 weeks to approved and 1 month of waiting from parts.. entire transmission replaced, had the car back after almost 2 months.. transmission costs 200T.. sagot nang insurance.. after 1 week.. may humming sound pa din.. they replaced the torque converter.. another 50T sagot pa din nang insurance.. nasira din pala yung gas lid wiring ko.. naputol.. kinalawang daw.. pinalitan din nila..

insurance paid more or less 500T from the time nung na ondoy until after 1 year.. car running perfectly now..
    nice! bat kaya hindi na lang nila ni write off yun? heheh good job and congrats sir!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    2003 Lancer MX of my friend:
    Parked on an incline. Front end submerged above bumper level. Cost around Php15k to repair at Mitsubishi dealership (no insurance). Soon after, A/C aux fan and healamp relay failed. Had Jemson fix both items and now it's ok. Also needed to replace the front stabilizer bushing but I guess Ondoy is not to blame for that. SRS indicator is now illuminated. Rather than fix it, I just took out the bulb. Sorry, I don't think its worth the cost anymore.

Car runs fine but I don't think 6km/L is its intended fuel economy.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    di naman kasi grabe yung damage sa akin nung una.. ni assess nila.. ang policy daw pag 70% magagastos eh i wri write off.. nung unang gawa wala pang 100T yung nagastos nila.. lumaki lang lately kasi pinapalitan ko nang transmission..

Quote Originally Posted by Haruto View Post
    nice! bat kaya hindi na lang nila ni write off yun? heheh good job and congrats sir!

4. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    sir otep, you think sa baha pa din mattrace yun mataas na fuel consumption nya ngayon?

Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    2003 Lancer MX of my friend:
    Parked on an incline. Front end submerged above bumper level. Cost around Php15k to repair at Mitsubishi dealership (no insurance). Soon after, A/C aux fan and healamp relay failed. Had Jemson fix both items and now it's ok. Also needed to replace the front stabilizer bushing but I guess Ondoy is not to blame for that. SRS indicator is now illuminated. Rather than fix it, I just took out the bulb. Sorry, I don't think its worth the cost anymore.

Car runs fine but I don't think 6km/L is its intended fuel economy.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hindi ko po alam, hindi po kasi well maintained ng previous at current owner yung sasakyan. Baka nagloko din dahil dun sa Simota intake tapos pinalitan yung muffler ng maingay. Pinalitan ulit namin ng tahimik pero yung parang pang-taxi na muffler lang (simple replacement type). Ewan ko if factor din yun.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    my 93 corolla xe was fully submerged for 8 hours more or less. car was brought to our mechanic Sept 28 and it was running on the 1st of October. it was left for 3 weeks for the clean-up and electrical checkup. initial cost was around P20k then it eventually (hopefully) reached P40k. new stereo and speakers, new carburetor, surplus power steering pump, new water pump, new thermostat, new master brake cylinder... it's still with me. fc dropped to 7.5 kpl from pre-Ondoy of 10.5 kpl. though it's been improving since. now fc is at 8.5 kpl. =)

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I recently replaced the old 4g92a engine with a "brand used" 4g15 dohc. Runs better, quieter, with better fuel economy. Its used to consume gas at 8 - 9 km/liter city driving and 12 - 14km/liter highway. Recent 6 days experience indicated 9.5 km/liter city and 18/km/liter highway. I was surprised with the highway figure. I would still need more verification.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    After a year and a half, my computer box finally conked out, replaced it with a surplus one and it's back to normal.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
How's your ondoy/flood submerged cars? After a year and a half after restoration..