New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Hello mga Sir, Mam

Thanks, naaprubahan na ako to join MAC.

Quote Originally Posted by basti08
    Hi sir! bilis lang po approval nyan...welcome mabuhay rotonda!!!

enjoy!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    mine is gls 2004 diesel with 22000+ on my odo. My steering joint was replaced by my dealer last november. My problem now is that, after start up, then on ng aircon, my whissing sound na maririnig.I cant identify san galing,but still checked and tightened yong belt sa likod ng radiator(yong nakatayo ang adjuster). Hindi pa rin nawala yong hissing sound. Any suggestions or similar experiences? One thing is, aside yong belt na sa likod ng radiator, may belt pa bang iba yong aicon? Mas audible pag sa ilalim pakinggan kaysa dun sa engine bay mismo yong hissing sound. TIA

3. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    normal lang po iyon. pero pag malakas na yung sound sigurado may tagas yung aircon lines nyo. evaporator po yung tumutunog sa ilalim po sya ng dashboard natin nakalagay...

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jamyrlan
    mine is gls 2004 diesel with 22000+ on my odo. My steering joint was replaced by my dealer last november. My problem now is that, after start up, then on ng aircon, my whissing sound na maririnig.I cant identify san galing,but still checked and tightened yong belt sa likod ng radiator(yong nakatayo ang adjuster). Hindi pa rin nawala yong hissing sound. Any suggestions or similar experiences? One thing is, aside yong belt na sa likod ng radiator, may belt pa bang iba yong aicon? Mas audible pag sa ilalim pakinggan kaysa dun sa engine bay mismo yong hissing sound. TIA
    Jamyrlan,

You might be hearing two different sounds of different natures.

Do you hear the "whizzing" sound from inside the cabin after you activate the aircon and intermittently while driving with the aircon on? It is a sign that your aircon compressor is working and system tubes are not blocked. Could be just Freon running through the aircon tube system. If it is not intermittent, as Eurie pointed out, have your aircon tube lines checked or undergo the aircon PMS with a certified Mitsu Aircon service shop (not in a casa).

The squeaking sound heard from underneath the engine could be from any one or all the exposed belts. All belts rotate with the crankshaft pulleys' revolution. With or without the aircon on, the compressor belt and pulley rotate. Beside the aircon compressor belt, there are three more exposed belts: the twin alternator belts and the combined fan-power steering vacuum valve belt. (The fifth belt is the timing "chain" and is covered). The belt squeaks are heard louder underneath maybe so because we hear the engine combustion sound more than the squeaks from above the engine.

Check for frays or cracks in the belts or misaligned belts to pulleys.

Over time the belts "age" with wear and accumulate dirt and grime so the belts slide then grind the pulley belt alleys, hence the squeak. This is more audible from a prolonged time you have not started the engine. I usually hear this "squeaking, whizzing" sound first time I start the engine in the mornings. The sound disappears as the belts "sit well again" with the pulley alleys as the engine "warms up."

The serviceable life of the belts are anywhere between 60 to 70K only which is achievable by cleaning the belts and pulley alleys. Cleaning alone prolongs belt life by preventing the belts from sliding.

Also every 2,500k or so, I use belt dressing spray for the belt rubber to grip the pulley alleys well. Doing so minimizes premature fraying of belt parts in contact with the pulley alleys. Do not use the industrial belt dressing ones. Buy those for automotive belts.

I hope this helps.

Cheers, Mac!

5. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by eurie
    normal lang po iyon. pero pag malakas na yung sound sigurado may tagas yung aircon lines nyo. evaporator po yung tumutunog sa ilalim po sya ng dashboard natin nakalagay...
    thanks for your input Mr. eurie and Mr AlbertB. Just an update after reading eurie's input Ive checked under my dashboard, matting and voila!! my basang parte sa passenger seat matting sa front seat w/c means may tagas! What does it mean? Needs cleaning im sure, but kailangan ba recharge ng freon or cleaning lang? Noted that hindi apektado ang lamig ng aircon ko Ive checked also the discharge hoses(yong 2 ilalim sa ilalim) wala naman siyang bara. TIA again guys.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jamyrlan
    thanks for your input Mr. eurie and Mr AlbertB. Just an update after reading eurie's input Ive checked under my dashboard, matting and voila!! my basang parte sa passenger seat matting sa front seat w/c means may tagas! What does it mean? Needs cleaning im sure, but kailangan ba recharge ng freon or cleaning lang? Noted that hindi apektado ang lamig ng aircon ko Ive checked also the discharge hoses(yong 2 ilalim sa ilalim) wala naman siyang bara. TIA again guys.
    Jamyrlan,

Water leaking out from the front evaporator either means may bara sa front drip tube (water discharge hose) or mismo from the evaporator, as you are experiencing. Sometimes naman pag nag-aircon agad without cooling off the cabin first at masyadong humid, napupuno lang ng water and evaporator). Check mo rin the front drip tube end kung may water na lumalabas.

Have you had your aircon PMS already? It is advised that when cleaning the Freon lines, the old Freon is flushed and replaced with fresh stock. Nililinis din ng Mitsu aircon service center both front (the one under the dash) and the rear evaporators (mounted on the ceiling) together with its water drip tubes. More details of PMS done are in the aircon service manual. Medyo confusing ang schedule sa aircon manual so I follow the annual or every 20K which a Mitsu aircon technician recommended.

A thorough regular aircon PMS work with an authorized Mitsu aircon service center is costly: ~P6,000- includes Freon charge, small parts (O-rings) , consumable (compressor lube) and labor. The service includes degreasing of compressor and condenser cleaning. On one ocassion, tinanggal pa mga kalawang, niliha, and ni-repaint pa ang evaporator fin supports.

Cost that is well worth an airconditioned worry-free ride and longer serviceable life of all aircon components.

Tip: it is best to undergo aircon PMS during this cold season. May promo discount pa minsan. During summer, wala.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    meron din akong ganyang naririnig eh...pero OK naman lamig and everything...so i guess that's normal.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    had another undercoat done for the adventure...
    next is "hilamos" sa paint and change mags & tires...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbertB
    Jamyrlan,

Water leaking out from the front evaporator either means may bara sa front drip tube (water discharge hose) or mismo from the evaporator, as you are experiencing. Sometimes naman pag nag-aircon agad without cooling off the cabin first at masyadong humid, napupuno lang ng water and evaporator). Check mo rin the front drip tube end kung may water na lumalabas.

Have you had your aircon PMS already? It is advised that when cleaning the Freon lines, the old Freon is flushed and replaced with fresh stock. Nililinis din ng Mitsu aircon service center both front (the one under the dash) and the rear evaporators (mounted on the ceiling) together with its water drip tubes. More details of PMS done are in the aircon service manual. Medyo confusing ang schedule sa aircon manual so I follow the annual or every 20K which a Mitsu aircon technician recommended.

A thorough regular aircon PMS work with an authorized Mitsu aircon service center is costly: ~P6,000- includes Freon charge, small parts (O-rings) , consumable (compressor lube) and labor. The service includes degreasing of compressor and condenser cleaning. On one ocassion, tinanggal pa mga kalawang, niliha, and ni-repaint pa ang evaporator fin supports.

Cost that is well worth an airconditioned worry-free ride and longer serviceable life of all aircon components.

Tip: it is best to undergo aircon PMS during this cold season. May promo discount pa minsan. During summer, wala.
    Thank you AlbertB. No PMS done on my aircon so far.. Atleast ,now i know..

10. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    ako din bagong hilamos yung adv. ko kaya lang hindi pa tapos nilabas ko muna kasi daming gatherings.sa tires and mags? next time nalang hehehe!

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
How are your "Adventures?"