New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Hello. I am new to MAC. It is good to see a legion of Mitsubishi Adventure owners online. I have owned two Adventures. The first is a 2000 GLX Diesel which after two and a half year was traded for a 2003 SS Diesel.

I read almost all topics in the thread and I share the same bothering experiences some of you had, particularly the clutch diaphragm spring clatter. Mitsubishi Adventure Diesel could be a good vehicle. It has a tested engine, the venerable 4D56. It also has, among AUVs as one review puts it, the best handling bias with its suspension. Other than this, the vehicle's built and its OEM parts are a bit of a worry. Dealer service too, particularly Diamond Motors.

Four cases in point:

With my first "Adventure," in its first 10,000 kms, it took Diamond Motors to act on my complaint about wrong front wheel geometry only after I lodged the complain at the plant myself. I was even charged for wheel alignment twice. After 20,000 kms more on the reading and with all four tires almost eaten up on its inner sides (constantly tire-rotating), I gave up and went to Goodyear Servitek for a good job.

The second is a fuel injection pump problem. After its 25,000kms PMS at Diamond Motors, I noticed emission was black and there was a strange ticking sound coming from the fuel pump. It took me through 10,000kms constantly reminding the Diamond Motors service advisor to check the fuel injector. Lodging the complaint again at the Cainta plant, I decided to switch the vehicle's servicing to another Mitsubishi dealer in San Pablo, Laguna. I learned that the service in San Pablo was good and queue for service isn't agonizingly a whole day. Promptly, I was told that Mitsubishi will warrant the repair of the injector pump kit. More than this, all four fuel injectors were replaced.

The third is with my current "Adventure." A year after, I observed "fog" at the edges of the windscreen glass. Over one year and a half years, the "fog" is inching its way toward the center. Since then, the "fog" has grown about an inch and a half. Have anyone have the same problem?

I pointed this out to the warranty engineer, asking for a replacement, but was told that there are no reports of similar windscreen glass conditions with other units. I was also told the laminated glass could have a leak at the edges. Nonetheless, I was assured this will be reported to the Mitsubishi plant in Cainta for a possible (also possibly not) replacement.

It does not stop. Every PMS, I would have an item to complain about. In my last PMS with the Super Sport, it was the tire pressure monitoring system sensor in my rear tire. Again, the San Pablo dealer was accommodating to warrant a replacement of the sensor but it is becoming too much, way too much of a bother having to complain about premature konk-outs or not-so-well-built components or poor quality assurance measures at the plant.

As I wrote, Mitsubishi Adventure could be a good vehicle. If it stood second to Toyota's Revo before, it cannot afford to lose out now to Isuzu's Crosswind.

I wish Mitsubishi Motor Philippines is a member of this club. And I look forward to this forum to exchange experiences with other members about their "Adventures."

Cheers!

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    hi. like you i am very happy with the adventure but a bit worried about build quality. my biggest complaints would be the steering column "defect" everyone's been mentioning, a misaligned rear hatch and a defective (factory installed) mp3-dvd player. unlike you though i don't bring my cars to the casa.

i've had too many bad casa experiences with previous cars before. i try to stay away from them as much as i can. if it involves the warranty on a major part i might go but for small stuff i go somewhere else. too much time wasted waiting and i feel i don't get what i pay for. and no matter how personalized they (service advisers) may make it look, it's not the same when the car's inside already - they're there to relay your concerns to the mechanics and with the volume of cars inside that's about as personal as it gets. not to offend anybody, that's just my opinion.

its too bad that mitsubishi doesn't seem to really make an extra effort to take care of its loyal customers. imho sa tagal na nila dito they've become complacent or contented with where they are in the market. last year i got a ford and "day and night" ang layo ng service nila sa mitsubishi.

i have 2 mitsu's and i'm very happy with them. there are a lot of peeps like us who are loyal to the brand pero parang wala masyadong effort yung mitsubishi to ensure we stay loyal. we're sort of left on our own. umaasa lang sila na loyal ka habang buhay.

pero in my case, makaka-asa sila... hehe

3. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Very happy with my Adventure. The only problem I encounter sa casa are the steep prices they charge. That's why on my latest PMS I opted for home service, done by no less than a certified Mitsu mechanic.

However, I'm starting to notice slight knocks (lagutok) in the steering column. Medyo cause for concern, since my ride is subjected everyday to harsh road conditions. Likewise, I sometimes wonder about the condition of my suspension, although wala pa namang problemang lumalabas. I hope to start with a wheel alignment check-up early next year, given enough funds. And there's fluid on the garage floor every time I bring out the car. Looks like it came from the coolant tank, since I notice a significant drop in coolant level. The funny thing is, it never happens when the vehicle is parked on a level surface. Sa garahe lang talaga tumutulo, where the floor is slightly inclined upward.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyman
    Very happy with my Adventure. The only problem I encounter sa casa are the steep prices they charge. That's why on my latest PMS I opted for home service, done by no less than a certified Mitsu mechanic.

However, I'm starting to notice slight knocks (lagutok) in the steering column. Medyo cause for concern, since my ride is subjected everyday to harsh road conditions. Likewise, I sometimes wonder about the condition of my suspension, although wala pa namang problemang lumalabas. I hope to start with a wheel alignment check-up early next year, given enough funds. And there's fluid on the garage floor every time I bring out the car. Looks like it came from the coolant tank, since I notice a significant drop in coolant level. The funny thing is, it never happens when the vehicle is parked on a level surface. Sa garahe lang talaga tumutulo, where the floor is slightly inclined upward.
    Hello Bogeyman, TRX,

I had the same knocks emanating from the steering system with my Diesel SS within the first 10K. Do you feel the knock on the steering wheel? Does it occur when your front wheels hurdle a bump or when braking almost to a nose-dive?

What the San Pablo Mitsu service dealer did (and I was told this is known to Mitsubishi Motors plant in Cainta as workmanship defect on the assembly line) was to disassemble the joining rod and lubricate its inside with grease. The rod joins the steering column with the column running down the steering assembly. This part is accessible from underneath the vehicle at the driver side or below the brake master cylinder under the hood.

The steering assembly column rub against the inside of the joining rod, hence without proper or ample lubrication, the knock. This design is so that the joining rod acts as some sort of shock absorber between the steering column and the steering assembly. Hence, occurence of the knock comes when the front wheels are maneuvering a bump or when the front suspensions are subject to road undulations. So this was how the service advisor and warranty engineer detailed the steering "lagutok" problem.

The steering column joining rod is a great safety design. In frontal collisions, straight column-to-steering assembly designs (I think like those of Isuzu's Crosswind) increase likelihood of the driver being pinned against the seat by the steering wheel. But then again, workmanship woes at the Plant. The joining rod, I was told, requires some level of lubricating maintenance but is no where seen in the PMS schedules of Mitsubishi Adventures.

But one thing I am beginning to like with these woes, owning an Adventure becomes really an "adventure" challenge.

Cheers!

5. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    happy with my Adventure plagued with mechanical glitches...

great ride...it ROCKS!!!!....literally....LOL ;D

6. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbertB
    I had the same knocks emanating from the steering system with my Diesel SS within the first 10K. Do you feel the knock on the steering wheel? Does it occur when your front wheels hurdle a bump or when braking almost to a nose-dive?
    I haven't exactly felt it yet, I just hear it sometimes when I make certain turns, or when I go over shallow potholes.

But it would be a good idea to have it checked/lubricated as well, if this isn't indicated in the manual.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    im so happy!!! ayus na fuel filter ng Adventure kow! di na bumabagsak menor...
    ok sa olrayt na sya!!! ;p

8. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    hi sirs, I do share your sentiments as well. having an adventure has its rewards as well as problems. I am thankful na hindi pa lumalagutok ang steering rod ko. my problem is the stock tires. dahil sa nipis niya 4 ply lang daw. lagi akong nafla-flatan for the slightest bump. ang hirap pang sukatin kung ano talaga ang tamang tire pressure. if you are going to follow the manufacturer's recommendation which is 26 psi front and 39 psi rear eh sobrang mali. kahit kapag 30/30 sobrang lambot at mukhang flat lagi ang appearance. and then there's the rear windshield wiper. yung mga first GLS sport wala nito. and since this was the only one I can afford I have to be contented right now and have a hard time everytime it rains. there is also common problem with exhaust pipe resonator that clatters or screeches as if may maluwag na fan belt. Anyway, the benefits I get weighs more than its downside so I'm sticking with my adventure no matter what.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by frankosiz
    hi sirs, I do share your sentiments as well. having an adventure has its rewards as well as problems. I am thankful na hindi pa lumalagutok ang steering rod ko. my problem is the stock tires. dahil sa nipis niya 4 ply lang daw. lagi akong nafla-flatan for the slightest bump. ang hirap pang sukatin kung ano talaga ang tamang tire pressure. if you are going to follow the manufacturer's recommendation which is 26 psi front and 39 psi rear eh sobrang mali. kahit kapag 30/30 sobrang lambot at mukhang flat lagi ang appearance. and then there's the rear windshield wiper. yung mga first GLS sport wala nito. and since this was the only one I can afford I have to be contented right now and have a hard time everytime it rains. there is also common problem with exhaust pipe resonator that clatters or screeches as if may maluwag na fan belt. Anyway, the benefits I get weighs more than its downside so I'm sticking with my adventure no matter what.
    try mo 33/38 swabe na yan, at pag nagpalit ka goma dunlop R14 mas makapit kahit umuulan...

10. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    samin din may knck ako nannariring since the first day na nakuha namin yung unit ! yung amin super sport na gas version m/t pero de na ito nireport sa casa kasi so far wla pa naman nangyayari e hehehe besides the knock, nasira lang yung sa transmission na rubber pinalitan lang so far wala pa naman ibang sira pa adventure namin ! ok pa naman parang bago parin 1 51k na tinatakbo

Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast
How are your "Adventures?"