New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    Ewan ko sa kanya basta sabi ko sa kanya ready to pay na ko sa presyong sinabi niya heheh

2. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Greetings friends. Its been almost 4 years since I last posted here. Back then I was asking for advice re a Picanto i bought. That Picanto has long been sold na and I enjoyed every year of it. Now Im posting again to ask for everybody's expert opinion or experience.
    I acquired a 1998 Adventure GLS M/T Dsl. Its in running condition, not really worn looking. Aircon is ok, instrument panel is also working. 110k sa odometer, hindi naman na-ondoy.

I dont hav a background as to its maintenance or repair history so i plan to have it checked. Parang general checkp. so my question is this:

What are the parts/components that need
    1) replacing outright
    2) adjustment or repair

Like for example, sabi ng driver namin, change oil na agad along with filters since we dont know when was the last change oil. Palitan ko ba lahat ng mga belts? Any particular belt na dapat pinaka importante mapalitan?

Is calibration in order na? Kelangan ba ipacheck ang fuel injection (i just read this from another thread).

Meron bang common electrical issue ang adventure na dapat unahan ko na at maipagawa?

May nakabudget ako na money for engine rehab na around 20-30k kung talagang kailangan.

Thanks guys and im happy to be back

3. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    I have some issues with the adventure gls sport i bought last december.
    1. Underpowered siya, comparing with our 2001 super sport model malaki yun difference ng power deliverance. Last 2 weeks ago it was brought to subic and surprisely the top speed was only 120kph. I have been complaining this matter with union motors but it seems they cant find any fault which for me its totally unacceptable.
    2. Flasher unit malfunction regularly. Again i already address this matter but no actions taken.
    3. Leaking front windshield during heavy rain situation. Union motor is asking me to leave the unit for 2 working days to determine the cause of the leakage but for now i cant afford to leave the unit to them coz the unit is being use on a daily basis.
    4. High cost of maintenance for its regular PMS. My last PMS cost me 11,000+ which is quite expensive for a AUV.
    5. Daming kalambag and kalansing inside the cabin even if i remove all other things still the sounds persist.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    medyo nahihinaan nga din ako sa hatak ng 4d56 ngayon eh... siguro dahil sa euro 2 configuration

5. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    I have 2 adventures GLS Sports 2002 (actually this is my Mom in laws car which I am also using) and GLX SE 2012 (now this is ours)

both have same speed and hatak
    and I'm happy with both.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    medyo nahihinaan nga din ako sa hatak ng 4d56 ngayon eh...

This is true specially on uphills.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    I cant agree more with the reasoning gave to by the union motors people. Kahit euro 2 yan pero kung published rating ng engine is the same with the old advie then it should perform the same. Lets see come tuesday kung anong rason nanaman bibigay sa akin na mga yun. Even my driver is now complaining of its power issue, he knows it well since he is the one assign to drive both advie of ours. According to him the power loss issue is getting worst,

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by aki0125 View Post
    I cant agree more with the reasoning gave to by the union motors people. Kahit euro 2 yan pero kung published rating ng engine is the same with the old advie then it should perform the same. Lets see come tuesday kung anong rason nanaman bibigay sa akin na mga yun. Even my driver is now complaining of its power issue, he knows it well since he is the one assign to drive both advie of ours. According to him the power loss issue is getting worst,

me black smoke ba?

sa pag kaka intindi ko, kaya naging euro 2 and 4d56 is dahil EGR na dinagdag ng Mitsu. If it gets stuck and dirty ... yun ang isang cause ng loss of power..

9. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    The usual lang naman yun emitting niyang black smoke. The unit only run a total of 25k and 6 months old palang kaya this coming tuesday paschedule ko for PMS.

Ive seen alot of advie same year model as mine along edsa that are running well. Although i seldom drive the advie i knew ours is different coz i cant reach those acceleration and speed the same with others

10. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    my 1998 adventure's alternator broke down. When i saw it, it was soaked in oil. According to the shop the oil seal leaked thats why the internal parts got soaked in oil. To cut the long story short it needed replacing. It cost me 8k for a new Japan alternator with a higher amperage including installation (not in casa).

Fair price na ba yun?

Thanks bros

How are your "Adventures?"