New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    seriously.....how do you break-in the engine of a brand new L300 FB :roll:

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    seriously, naka saad po yan sa manual ng L300 mo, especially brand new yan kaya siguradong me manual yan.

basta walang hard braking for the first 300kms, no towing for the first 800kms, when cruising, do not stay at a certain speed for a long time, etc.
    Signature

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Kung brand new, pwede mo nang wag i-break in! heheehehe :D seriously, no hard acceleration for the first 1000kms.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Don't put any serious strain on the engine. That includes no hard compression/engine braking.

Don't carry maximum payload while breaking in.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    accord::: If I were in your place, kelangan ng 4D56 engine ng TLC. As in Tender Loving Care, dapat yan bine-baby para di mausok katagalan ng makina. :D

You'll notice dun sa mga ginagawang delivery vans, pag hinahataw ang makina lakas din ng usok lumalabas kasi binubugbog nila agad. Simply follow these guys advises and your engine will help you in the future with less headache and expenses. :D

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    You should take some tips from Dieseler. His Adventure is one of the cleanest engines among the diesel peeps.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Ungas
    accord::: If I were in your place, kelangan ng 4D56 engine ng TLC. As in Tender Loving Care, dapat yan bine-baby para di mausok katagalan ng makina. :D

You'll notice dun sa mga ginagawang delivery vans, pag hinahataw ang makina lakas din ng usok lumalabas kasi binubugbog nila agad. Simply follow these guys advises and your engine will help you in the future with less headache and expenses. :D
    Tama si Ungas... 4d56 needs T.L.C.

Yang engine kasi, parang BABY... like in that Promil advertisement... the most important period of a child is in its first few months.

Same with the 4d56... when you treat it right the first 5000km (and after that ...) you can be sure the engine will NOT give you headaches...

Abuse it during that period... forever smoke belcher yan... this is why a lot of people say the 4d56 is a dirty engine... eh sa totoo lang, mga abusadong drivers ang cause. :?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ...very smoothly. :wink:

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Very well said sir Dieseler :D

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    oooopsss......... balik break in pala ako :D naka first 1000km na ko e, yun pala 5000km :D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
how do you break-in the engine of a diesel L300...?