New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    May 2008
    Thank you sa mga replies nyo. Very helpful at may natutunan ako. At least i know better now.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    May cars ba na may audible alarm pag malapit nang mag-overheat? In cars with the temp gauge parang walang alarm of any kind since I've driven one na may tagas sa radiator. Nagkataon lang na napansin ko sa gauge kaya hindi ako tinirik. Sa kotse ko ngayon wala rin sa manual na may alarm that accompanies the red icon.

One would think such a critical component of your engine would have a way to catch the driver's attention.

Tapatalked

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by WallyWest View Post
    May cars ba na may audible alarm pag malapit nang mag-overheat? In cars with the temp gauge parang walang alarm of any kind since I've driven one na may tagas sa radiator. Nagkataon lang na napansin ko sa gauge kaya hindi ako tinirik. Sa kotse ko ngayon wala rin sa manual na may alarm that accompanies the red icon.

One would think such a critical component of your engine would have a way to catch the driver's attention.

Tapatalked
    Some I think would have it. It seems that it's not mandatory for car manufacturers to install one other than the seat belt reminder. It is then incumbent upon the driver to have pre-checked the vehicle prior to operating it as well as to be fully aware if any of the warning lights turn on.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by mystique26 View Post
    Pardon my ignorance. I just got my G4 about 2 weeks ago. I wanted to check on the temperature but don't know how. Nag wawarm up kasi muna ako ng car before using it pero there's no way for me to check if it reaches the right temperature unlike with the old cars I used before. So I just rev for about 3-5 min. And how will I know when the time come na mag overheat (knocking on wood)? Thanks.
    You can install po OBDII to monitor po yung temp and even the status po nung engine using android phone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    modern cars do not have these gauges because dalawa lang yan. you maintain your cooling system or any related components regularly, or you overheat. ganyan din naman ang concept ng cars na may temperature gauges eh. if you do not maintain it, you overheat. makikita mo lang na tumataas. sa mga cars na walang temp gauges, the color of the warning light tells you that you are overheating.

but then again, kung hindi ka comfortable, there is that option to put in a gauge, or an ODB scanner as previously stated.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    modern cars do not have these gauges because dalawa lang yan. you maintain your cooling system or any related components regularly, or you overheat. ganyan din naman ang concept ng cars na may temperature gauges eh. if you do not maintain it, you overheat. makikita mo lang na tumataas. sa mga cars na walang temp gauges, the color of the warning light tells you that you are overheating.

but then again, kung hindi ka comfortable, there is that option to put in a gauge, or an ODB scanner as previously stated.
    Hindi ganyan ang mga modern cars. Talagang cost cutting lang. Pero understandable naman para mura ang price

Sent from my SM-A9000 using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12