The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    otep,
    still contemplating on changing ba?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Nothing final yet pa naman. But here are some advantages of the GEN II from my POV:
    *Removable stepboards and flexible mudguards. I literally drove down a set of steep concrete stairs on my Pajero without hitting anything. I was just to lazy to back up (besides, rear vision is horrible).
    *The flares and cladding really do their job of protecting the bodywork. Battle tested ko na.
    *Suspension seats!
    *Forward facing third-row with seatbelts.

The main factors going for the II.5 would be the better (but still simple and robust) engine and the automatic tranny (my left foot will thank me for it). And the fact that it will be three years newer than my present rig.

Oh well bahala na si Batman. hehehe.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    gen 2.5 for me!! for the simple reason that the gen 2 looks a trifle geriatric hehehe.

hey, i care at least a little about those things :D

4. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    pero pwede rin naman tanggalin stepboard nung gen 2.5 and the "mudguards" diba? :D

otep, with a rig like yours, i imagine that you would drive up or down concrete stairs if you want to. hehehehe.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sarap i-drive ang gen 2,5 lalo na kung AT. Ask happiman, I drove his from sagada to manila, no brainer when overtaking, just mash the gas pedal and away it goes. Tahimik ang interior. Tess was asleep the whole time. eto lang po ang experience ko sa gen 2.5. BTW, adjustable yun suspension niya. plus may digital tire pressure gauge siya.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    1 Gen 2.5 please.

The bigger engine definitely gives the advantage.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Mister oteps,

2001 GU Patrol nalang kasi kayang kaya mo yun :D

8. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    yup, i agree with MBT, patrol na lang para iba naman interior =)

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Uh try nyo nga ma convince si Otep mag Patrol... Mukhang DieHard Pajero Guy si Doc Otep

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by NightRock
    Uh try nyo nga ma convince si Otep mag Patrol... Mukhang DieHard Pajero Guy si Doc Otep
    Madali lang yan... tawag tayo ng mga Patrol boys and girls at paligawin natin si Doc. I drove a spanking new 2005 GU 4x4 m/t last week and boy i hate going back to my pick-up afterwards.
    Last edited by vinj; October 21st, 2005 at 01:14 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
How better is the GEN II.5 over the GEN II Pajero?[EDIT: Wildcard added]