New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    So whatÂ’s your odometer reading and parts and repairs have you done over the years on your MontyÂ’s?

IÂ’ll start with mine 😀

2010 Montero sport 4x2 GLS AT
    1st owner
    As of December 2018 - 286,020 Kms

I started using V-Power diesel since 2012

1. Oils, fluids and filter
    -Engine oil replaced every 10k using fully synthetic.
    -ATF 1st at 80k then every 60k
    -brake fluid flush every 40k
    - coolant flush 1x a year
    -oil filter every 20k
    -air filter every 30k
    - original break pads every 25k-30k

2. Suction control Valve every 30k-50k Kms (when itÂ’s sluggish) replaced about 5x

3. Auxiliary Fan - 4x

4. Steering rack assembly 2x on warranty. 1st at 3k kms and 2nd at 90k plus kms. As of the moment, I need to replace it again.

5. Aircon compressor replace 2x. Cleaning 2x a year

6. Engine oil seal - 1x at 250k kms

7. Fan belt - every 80k

8. Transmission overhaul - broke at 280k kms

9. Alarm sensor - 1x

10. Running on my trusted 20inch nitto tires

11. Air bag sensor broke at 220k kms. (Cost 26k to repair, so I left it broken)

12. Rear door rubber - 1x

13. Power window switch on front passenger 1x (I usually sit as a front passenger)

14. CV boot, engine support and bushings

15. Shock absorber - 4x

16. Car tint - 3x

17. Leatherette seat cover - 4x

ThereÂ’s much more....

This Monty was super fuel efficient when it was new, but I started having few problems when it was less than 5k. Tried bringing it at union motors UN where I purchased it but their service sucks. Even the head of their service is a dumb piece of c***. I had to call MMC Philippines to complain and was directed to C5 branch where the service is a tad better. IÂ’m glad this car is easy to fix and parts are available most of the time at my trusted non mitsubishi service center.

Other than MitsubishiÂ’s crappy after sales service, all I can say the ladder frame chassis is durable. I packed my Monty with ceramic tiles, rocks and soil, plants, delivery of 400-500 kilos of fruits. Why not get a pick up truck instead? Well I get to pack my car with people too. 😊
    Ride comfort is superior compare to other competitors in the same category, handling is way better than its competitors too during 2010.

Furthest place my Monty has been - Pagudpod, Ilocos Norte on the North and Sorsogon, Bicol down south.

Verdict: having 2nd thought whether I should keep or sell. Maintainance costs will naturally increase as the car gets older. Im also considering that Mitsubishi has poor resale value.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If your having second thoughts, sell it.

If it was me, id be itching to try another brand if i have spent the last 200 thousand plus kilometers behind the wheel of a single car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk