New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Hi guys, i really dont know where to post this but here is my problem.
    I recently bought a gen1 turbo Pajero and found out that most if not all of the wiring harnesses were not original. In other words, dumaan sa sunog of some sort. Now i need to replace the whole thing. My problem is where to buy it. I live in Davao City and often in Manila. Do you guys know where to buy this? Ive read somewhere this site na marami daw chop-chop sa pampanga but dunno where exactly. Thanks in advance.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    what wiring harness are we talking about?
    you plan to change all of its wires?
    why do you need to replace it is there any malfunction?
    in my opinion its hard for you to find original wiring harness and if you do im sure it would cost you an arm and a leg....
    surplus chop chop? you wont be sure if you can find good ones you just dont know what condition it went thru.

better find yourself a good electrician buy japan wires and have all of it rewired but its no simple task.
    you better supervise it while he is wiring it preferably done at your place i doubt if it can be finished in a day.
    hmmmm while you are at it are you planning to change the upholstery? carpet? refurbish the sidings etc?

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    the main harness to include fuse box and plastic box which houses the relays and other stuff. I consulted someone from Karasia the local mitsu dealer and he told me that it would be easier to get the main harness in manila than making one.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    ok we have a gen1 pajero too managed to replace those boxes and harness you've mentioned 2 days ginawa ng electrician (unti unti kasi nyang ginawa and pulido )
    we got a surplus fusebox not inetended for a pajero thou, but of similar size
    it worked.
    there were excess fuse outlets and relay slots that were of no use just put fuse in them (they only acted out as storage)

hindi naman siguro mahirap gawin yun kung ganun lang depende na if may makita kang ok na electrician in my opinion hinde lang masyado sanay yung sa casa sa ganyang medyo matrabaho gawin
    madalas kasi mga mechanic sa casa e puro ojt lang.
    they only know to unmount and replace certain stuffs... but trouble shooting and analysis out of their service manual data, tingin ko hinde marunong

you can have that thing completely rewired if you like. Simple lang naman yan coz wala pang ECU yan. Or you can order the complete harness sa casa or el dorado.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Thanks sheep, i guess ganun nalang siguro gawin ko mag hire ng marunong gumawa. By the way Boss Garyq, san yang el durado?

sa aurora cor.20th ave. sa cubao. check 1st sa casa. minsan may mga old stock na binebenta ng mura. pa-estimate ka rin ng general re-wiring sa rey electrical sa tuazon, marikina.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Thanks boss garyq.

Help! Need complete wiring harness for Gen1 Mit Pajero