New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by autophile View Post
    Yes if you have the budget, go for the GT-A. Its a great looking car out of the box, wala kang hassle. But then again it's also a lot of fun to dress-up or upgrade your car.
    Maganda na yung GT-A pero marami pa ako nakikita pwedeng ikabit. Ok din mag dress-up ng top of the line.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Or the entry level BMW 318 pretending to be a BMW M3. Nothing new.

If you can't afford the real thing, fake it.
    yung 135i Coupe M sport na pinakamura e, kaso P4M.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    yung 135i Coupe M sport na pinakamura e, kaso P4M.
    yup, I saw it in the BMW show room in white. Nice. Very nice. But kinda out of my budget.

4. Join Date
    May 2011
    Sir GH,
    Yesterday, I saw one White Lancer Ex Mx variant at school and I'm sad cause it doesn't look that attractive against a black Civic FD, Did Mitsubishi change to stock bumper of the 2008 Lancer and 2011 Lancer? So I've reconsidered the GC 2.0 - 1.3 only? Thoughts Thanks
    Its now Genesis Coupe 1.3m variant vs. Lancer Ex GTA.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The Coupe is faster, bigger (except in rear seat headroom) and has more presence. It has a better natural balance, though I feel the Lancer has a better tuned suspension.

Of course, the Coupe gives you turbocharged power. Not something you can get in the Lancer unless you plunk down 2m for the Ralliart.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by AgentUlod View Post
    Sir GH,
    Yesterday, I saw one White Lancer Ex Mx variant at school and I'm sad cause it doesn't look that attractive against a black Civic FD, Did Mitsubishi change to stock bumper of the 2008 Lancer and 2011 Lancer? So I've reconsidered the GC 2.0 - 1.3 only? Thoughts Thanks
    Its now Genesis Coupe 1.3m variant vs. Lancer Ex GTA.
    Lancer EX GLS/MX bumper

Lancer EX GTA bumper

Do you notice the difference?

You can color the "center bar" portion black to get this look:

7. Join Date
    May 2011
    Sir GH, Thanks for the effort. If you had to choose the GC-1.3m or the GTA-1.2m?

8. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Sir GH, Thanks for the effort. If you had to choose the GC-1.3m or the GTA-1.2m?
    You should factor in discounts and not just look at SRP. The Mitsubishi GTA would be around 1M post-discounts wherein the GC would still hover around 1.3M.

Between the two, why buy a stripped down version of a GC against a top of the line Lancer? A coupe might be maporma, but when it comes down to it, speed is what matters. 200,000 pesos of price difference would get you far on the engine modifications for the GTA. If you're a superficial person, get the GC. If you have even a tiny bit of practicality, get the GTA.

You're in a college/university setting, trust me, don't underestimate the difference of 2 additional seats at the back would make in a fun run of your destination. So unless you have midgets for friends, scrap the GC.

For what it's worth, the difference between the stock sound system versus a GTA Rockford Fosgate system is around 20k. Nothing big.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002

A good car is often more than the sum of it's parts.

The GC might be tempting but having to feed a thirsty car while living on a strict budget isn't much fun.

Months ago, I have driven the GC and it was fun while it lasted. But I went home in a Lancer EX that day.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; July 13th, 2011 at 02:12 AM.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Go with the top of the line GT-A. Then Use the 2-300K difference for aftermarket mods.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Help Me Build My Car 1.2+ (Lancer EX MX/GTA)