New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2011
    So guys, My parents are planning to buy me my first car for my second course, Currently nursing.
    I have been choosing between, MX and GT-A. So I'm pretty new at driving cars, I'm only 19 y.o
    No idea, So basically I'm a noob. Any advice would be appreciated. BTW, I'm from Iloilo.

So here's the plan, In the next 2-3 months, I'm hoping to get my first car.
    1. Top choices: Lancer Ex Mx and Lancer Ex Gt-a.
    So both are Automatic, Which is problem, cause my mom and dad doesn't like automatic cars due to bad experience( One of my moms colleague died, while overtaking She got hit by a car from the opposite lane, Due to programmed speed, unlike the manual you can change gears)
    2. In colors, I would be choosing white. For those who own Lancers which is better?
    3. In tires, 16's for Mx (I would change) and 18's for the Gta, For the Gta, are the aftermarket rims much better looking compared to the stock of 18's? For a white car, Which is a better rim black or silver(chrome)?
    4. In interior? can anyone differentiate besides the cd player and the trims. Does it have usb plug-in similar to a Honda Civic 2009? Estimate price for an upgrade of audio system for the Mx to compete with the Rockford of Gta.
    5. For a brandnew car, Would it be advisable to change the stock parts for a body kit? Bare in mind that I'm from iloilo, So can Mitsubishi Casa in iloilo fix broken or scratched body kits?
    6. For the bodykit, Which is better looking a MX with bodykits or an Gta at stock parts except for spoiler. Cause If would be changing the parts, Its better to chose the Mx cause its much cheaper than the Gta. What estimated price for an Evo style body kit? I'm from Iloilo so i can't ask and inquire around Manila. But I would be buying the car in manila, its better to have idea about the pricings and stuff.
    7. For the engine, All goes to stock, No changes for a better fuel consumption.
    So thats all goes for now. I'll add more questions to get better understanding.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    1. Not the fault of the car. When overtaking with a traditional automatic, you have to plan well ahead... And how would a manual save her from being hit head on? Kung alanganin ang overtake, alanganin ang overtake. Besides, the CVT on the Mitsubishi is hardly any slower than the manual during overtaking... In some cases, it is quicker.
    2. I like white.
    3. If you get the MX, upgrading to a set of secondhand GTA rims is easy.
    4. Upgrade, up to you. You can actually do a lot better than the stock GTA system with that kind of budget.
    5.6.7. Enjoy it as is first.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by AgentUlod View Post
    So guys, My parents are planning to buy me my first car for my second course, Currently nursing.
    I have been choosing between, MX and GT-A. So I'm pretty new at driving cars, I'm only 19 y.o
    No idea, So basically I'm a noob. Any advice would be appreciated. BTW, I'm from Iloilo.

So here's the plan, In the next 2-3 months, I'm hoping to get my first car.
    1. Top choices: Lancer Ex Mx and Lancer Ex Gt-a.
    So both are Automatic, Which is problem, cause my mom and dad doesn't like automatic cars due to bad experience( One of my moms colleague died, while overtaking She got hit by a car from the opposite lane, Due to programmed speed, unlike the manual you can change gears)
    How could a tranny type change the outcome of a head-on accident?

BTW, the Lancer EX MX and GTA have paddle shifters, so can change gears without taking your hands off the steering wheel. So you can downshift anytime you need to. The CVT of the Lancer EX is very responsive to driver input, very minimal lag between flicking the paddle shift and actual gear change.

2. In colors, I would be choosing white. For those who own Lancers which is better?
    White is pretty good, especially for the GTA. It makes the front grill stand out more and look more aggressive.

3. In tires, 16's for Mx (I would change) and 18's for the Gta, For the Gta, are the aftermarket rims much better looking compared to the stock of 18's? For a white car, Which is a better rim black or silver(chrome)?
    The stock 18's look great as-is. Aftermarket wheel color choice depends on car color. IF the Lancer is white, black wheels can look good.

4. In interior? can anyone differentiate besides the cd player and the trims. Does it have usb plug-in similar to a Honda Civic 2009? Estimate price for an upgrade of audio system for the Mx to compete with the Rockford of Gta.
    If you want to replace the stock HU, you will need to get a 2DIN replacement faceplate. In Manila that part costs around P5,000 to P6,000. This allows you to install 2DIN HUs of your choice.

Stock Lancer EX GTA headunit is not DVD nor USB. If you have an MP3 player, you can connect it via the AUX-IN port. (Check with your car manual or car dealer on it's location).

5. For a brandnew car, Would it be advisable to change the stock parts for a body kit? Bare in mind that I'm from iloilo, So can Mitsubishi Casa in iloilo fix broken or scratched body kits?
    The casa will NOT fix aftermarket bodykits.

6. For the bodykit, Which is better looking a MX with bodykits or an Gta at stock parts except for spoiler. Cause If would be changing the parts, Its better to chose the Mx cause its much cheaper than the Gta. What estimated price for an Evo style body kit? I'm from Iloilo so i can't ask and inquire around Manila. But I would be buying the car in manila, its better to have idea about the pricings and stuff.
    7. For the engine, All goes to stock, No changes for a better fuel consumption.
    So thats all goes for now. I'll add more questions to get better understanding.
    Unless you can get them locally (within Iloilo) I suggest keeping it original.

4. Join Date
    May 2011
    Thanks sir for the feed backs.

Which is more sporty looking Lancer Ex Mx with body kit or a lancer ex gta with stock parts?

Need more advices.^_^

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by AgentUlod View Post
    Thanks sir for the feed backs.

Which is more sporty looking Lancer Ex Mx with body kit or a lancer ex gta with stock parts?
    More sporty: GTA with stock parts.

Do note that the front bumper of the MX and the GTA are not the same. Simple mod for the GTA is to get a carbon fiber hood or replace the hood with the hood from a Lancer EX Ralliart (intake vents).

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    White GT-A. Then drop the car. Up to you if you would want to change the hood to carbon fiber or not. But IMO, it isn't needed ... as of now. Like what niky said, enjoy it as is first ( sans stance )

7. Join Date
    May 2011
    This one looks good. Is this a stock chin?

8. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    If you're getting the MX, why aim for the GTA rims when there are a lot better 18 inchers aftermarket rims.

Picture this...

Exterior
    Rota SVN gunmetal/ EVO X front bumber / Evo X hood / ARS rear chin with diffuser / Evo X side skirts / Evo X wing / 2 inches drop / Superdark tint (for aspen white mx)

Performance
    SRI or CAI / Headers / Unichip / Greddy SE bolt on

= OH my goodness.

At least those are my whishlist for my white MX,

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by hockeyblood View Post
    If you're getting the MX, why aim for the GTA rims when there are a lot better 18 inchers aftermarket rims.
    To each, their own style. Some prefer to have a more subdued style. Something more sleeper than in-your-face.

When I was upgrading 16s to 18s, it was not styling, it was performance. The lancer handled much better on the GTA's 18 inch wheels and wider tires. With better grip on the road, that opens up the door for improved power & suspension.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by hockeyblood View Post

Picture this...

Exterior
    Rota SVN gunmetal/ EVO X front bumber / Evo X hood / ARS rear chin with diffuser / Evo X side skirts / Evo X wing / 2 inches drop / Superdark tint (for aspen white mx)

Performance
    SRI or CAI / Headers / Unichip / Greddy SE bolt on

= OH my goodness.

At least those are my whishlist for my white MX,
    ya oh my goodness... a wannabe evo

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Help Me Build My Car 1.2+ (Lancer EX MX/GTA)