New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Car whiz & gurus, i'd like to know papano ma-modify, just the simple one, ang engine ng Gti 92? Do i need to change the entire engine or just "bolt-ons" will do? my goal is to increase power maybe up to a min of 130hp. Magkano po kaya ang magagastos dito? Saan po kaya pinapagawa ito? your suggestions are very much welcome. Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Lancer GTi 92, engine I think is 1500 SOHC 12v

Since you mentioned a figure (130hp), and I assume this is whp (wheel horse power), mahihirapan ka ma-achieve yan with the normal I/H/E upgrades lang. Kahit na mag pa port and polish ka together with the I/H/E mahirap ma achieve yan.

your best route would either be slapping a turbo or completely replace your engine with a 4G63T or I'm not sure if the 4G63 DOHC from the Galant GTi will fit.

There's one guy from the old Clubmitsu who slapped a turbo on his Lancer GLi (itlog), which is a 1500cc and everythings okay naman.

HTH

3. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    yes sir you're ryt, it's 1500 SOHC 12v.

do you know how much power he gained from the turbo? where can i buy and have it installed?

is 4G63T from the evo3? how much will i spend with this option or again my problem is... will it fit in the Gti 92?

thanks.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    how bout slapping a 4g63 NA...lots of HP and torque at all RPM range...i've already done this project. swak na swak ang 63 series engine sa engine bay natin.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    * SunTzu,

bro, how much did you spend with that project and where have you had it installed?
    from what model is a 4g63 NA? thx.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    goodsamaritan,

I dont know how much power he gained from slapping a turbo, you can look for Dhoeze sa Autoindustriya and you can ask him for details.

I think the 4G63T's are from the VR4's. Pwede din naman yata yung galing sa EVo 1-3, not sure though.

Kung gusto mo naman take SunTzu's suggestion.

If I were to do this, I would get the 4G63 DOHC from the Galant GTi, but that's just me.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    thanks bro. nakita ko na post ni Dhoeze. but i've not sent him pm yet about his project.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by goodsamaritan
    * SunTzu,

bro, how much did you spend with that project and where have you had it installed?
    from what model is a 4g63 NA? thx.
    the engine is 25K, installation is 12K...i had it installed at 2211 works. plus hindden charges. it a 2nd gen 4g63 JDM. lesser maintenance than the turbo 4g63 brother.

take a tour:

www.pbase.com/suntzu

hehe!
    Last edited by SunTzu; June 3rd, 2004 at 05:44 PM.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    QUOTE]Originally posted by SunTzu
    the engine is 25K, installation is 12K...i had it installed at 2211 works. plus hindden charges. it a 2nd gen 4g63 JDM. lesser maintenance than the turbo 4g63 brother.

take a tour:

www.pbase.com/suntzu

hehe!
    [/QUOTE]

ASTEEEEEEEEG!!! :cool:

10. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    * SunTzu
    i added your PBase to my Favorites. High Five- to your pics!!! informative and so coool !!!

last question, Where can i find 2211 works? how much hp total is your mod lancer and your "eat-my-dust"(?) topspeed? just curious.

sorry im back but late, had to go to work...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Help! Lancer Gti 92