New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    hello to everybody,i need your experties... im using lancer GL 97,medyo malakas sa gas at masakit na yun presyo ng gas sa ngayon.7km/ltr sya pag city driving wd AC on,please need your advice how to improve my car? still all stock ang lancer GL 97,WHAT DO I NEED TO CHANGE OR ADD TO IMPROVE MY MILEAGE...im using premiun gasoline,IS IT MUCH BETTER TO SHIFT TO UNLEADED?

thanks...^_^

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by twister View Post
    hello to everybody,i need your experties... im using lancer GL 97,medyo malakas sa gas at masakit na yun presyo ng gas sa ngayon.7km/ltr sya pag city driving wd AC on,please need your advice how to improve my car? still all stock ang lancer GL 97,WHAT DO I NEED TO CHANGE OR ADD TO IMPROVE MY MILEAGE...im using premiun gasoline,IS IT MUCH BETTER TO SHIFT TO UNLEADED?

thanks...^_^
    if you say IS IT MUCH BETTER TO SHIFT TO UNLEADED, all gasoline variants that are sold in the Philippines are ALL UNLEADED. baka gusto mong sabihin, from a premium gasoline (e.g. Vortex, Blaze), you would want to shift to the cheapest UNLEADED variant (like Shell Super Unleaded or Caltex Silver). if this is your question, YES, you can shift to these gasoline variants. check mo lang response ng makina mo for knocks. If they knock, then sadly, i would have to recommend that you have to go back to your premium gasoline with higher octane levels.

on tips on how to improve your FC:

1. try to shift to a semi-synthetic oil if you are using a mineral based oil, or a full synthetic oil if you are using a semi-synthetic oil; change it every 5k kms (for semi-synth) and every 7.5 k kms if you are using fully synthetic. of course, you have to replace your oil filter every oil change.
    2. have your car regularly tuned-up. replace spark plugs using factory spec'ed plugs (no need for titanium tipped, etc.), every 10k kms. during tune-ups, replace also your fuel filter (mura lang fuel filter ng lancer, wala pang 80 petot yung plastic), and your air filter (mura lang din stock air filter ng lancer, wala pang 300 petot).
    3. maintain recommended tire pressure.
    4. check your alignment and camber
    5. remove un-used items in your trunk to lighten up things.
    6. shift at the 2k - 2.5k rpm mark. kaya na yan ng gearing ng lancer.
    7. have your carbs cleaned.
    8. sparingly use your A/C (although mahirap ito... hehehehe)
    9. avoid traffic routes.
    10. try also to check your clutch. worn out clutches consume more fuel when accelerating.
    11. syempre, driving technique mo. avoid hard acceleration and sudden braking. dapat smooth driving.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    thank you,ask ko lang ulit,oks din ba palitan ko yun muffler ng superflow na aftermarket,makatid din ba yun o porma lang at maingay?
    mobil1 synthetic ang oil na gamit ko kasi ganda at safe yun engine,mahaba din yun lifespan bago mag change oil...hay,masakit na talaga yun gasoline ngayon panahon at cge pa din yun taas everyweek...

comment mo sa acetone,using as additive sa fuel,for better mileage daw?

thank you sir...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    welcome to tsikot.com!

sir, follow the manufacturer's timing settings din.
    baka naka-advanced ang timing ng lancer mo?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by twister View Post
    thank you,ask ko lang ulit,oks din ba palitan ko yun muffler ng superflow na aftermarket,makatid din ba yun o porma lang at maingay?
    mobil1 synthetic ang oil na gamit ko kasi ganda at safe yun engine,mahaba din yun lifespan bago mag change oil...hay,masakit na talaga yun gasoline ngayon panahon at cge pa din yun taas everyweek...

comment mo sa acetone,using as additive sa fuel,for better mileage daw?

thank you sir...
    imho, aftermarket mufflers do no good for fuel consumption. porma lang yun.
    acetone? ghosthunter already did an experiment with that with satisfactory results. search mo na lang yung thread nya.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Fuel conservation using acetone thread:

http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18520&

7. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Thank You Very Much For All Your Advices...^_^

God Bless To All...

8. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Bro. tamang timing lng tune up, linis ng carburador, chaka yung mga koryente. saakin lancer na boxtype pero matipid para ka lang naka multicab 10km per 1lt or higit pa..

Help to improve my lancer...