New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2008
    Hi! we're planning on buying a 7-seater car/suv, our choices are santa fe and grandis but after looking on both cars, we're likely to go on the grandis because of roomier interior and more flexible seats (although i heard a lot of good feedbacks on santa fe) also the new grandis is alot cheaper (at about 1.25M) with DVD, leather seats compared to earlier models...but i am having second thoughts because even upto now there are very few grandis on the road, correct me if i'm wrong this model was released in 2004 right? Even on the internet specially US sites, some dont even have Grandis under Mitsubishi brand... Thanks in advance

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^^ i would still go for the sta. fe because its more fuel efficient. and i like the way it looks.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    ganda lang sa grandis konti lang kau meron. ang gaganda pa ng kulay. un nga lang mas magastos sya sa gas compare sa santa fe. pero mas maluwag ung 3rdrow nya

4. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    The 2.4L engine is the same with the Outlander, and the New Galant. So parts are expected to be common in 3 years time.
    iam3739.com

5. Join Date
    May 2007
    Mitsubishi Cars and its Engine Codes...
    Space Gear and Fuzion GLX and GLS Sport - 4G64
    Grandis and Galant 240M - 4G69
    Outlander GLX and GLS - 4B11

iba po ang makina ng Grandis from the Outie. Admitingly, the Grandis, launched locally in January 2005, may be a gas-guzzler but it is more fuel efficient than the Fuzion- Thanks to the MIVEC add-on, piston enlargement to name a few... The 4G69 is actually a fully improved version of the 4G64 that also found its way in the 2005-2006 Lancer Ralliart for the US Market.

The sales performance of the Grandis ([SIZE=1]alias: 4th Gen Space Wagon[/SIZE]) is like when its predecessor ([SIZE=1]2nd Gen: '92-'99[/SIZE]) Space Wagon was also on sale here... at P1.25M ([SIZE=1]this is absolutely the best time to get one! this used to be P1.5M! One reason for the price drop was the high peso-dollar rate was higher back in 2005 compared to NOW + MMPC's discounts!), [/SIZE]there are a whole lot of other practical purchases like the Fuzion, Strada and Outlander as well as other cars to choose from and those who are happy with the simple Innova. Therefore, the Grandis is an educated choice. The challenge that MMPC had in selling the Grandis was the perception of the car buying public was more of an Adventure (AUV) Replacement pitted against the Innova rather than its true up-level MPV initiative as the Space Wagon successor.

It is not feasible to sell the Grandis in the USA- Americans are bent to purchasing a Minivan instead of a large Station Wagon with back seats. it is also too big to classify it as a compact MPV to compete with the likes of say, Mazda 5. so that puts the Grandis out of the picture. BUT the Grandis is still on sale in other parts of the world.

I hope this will convince you to get the Grandis...

I drive a 1997 Space Wagon- we love it's functionality and we would love it more if it was the Grandis... of course we have to consider our finances in as much as we want to get one!

Drive Inspired, kupz99! Thanks for your attention...
    Last edited by ianmitsulancer; June 18th, 2008 at 07:35 PM.

6. Join Date
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ianmitsulancer View Post
    Mitsubishi Cars and its Engine Codes...
    Space Gear and Fuzion GLX and GLS Sport - 4G64
    Grandis and Galant 240M - 4G69
    Outlander GLX and GLS - 4B11

iba po ang makina ng Grandis from the Outie. Admitingly, the Grandis, launched locally in January 2005, may be a gas-guzzler but it is more fuel efficient than the Fuzion- Thanks to the MIVEC add-on, piston enlargement to name a few... The 4G69 is actually a fully improved version of the 4G64 that also found its way in the 2005-2006 Lancer Ralliart for the US Market.

The sales performance of the Grandis ([SIZE=1]alias: 4th Gen Space Wagon[/SIZE]) is like when its predecessor ([SIZE=1]2nd Gen: '92-'99[/SIZE]) Space Wagon was also on sale here... at P1.25M ([SIZE=1]this is absolutely the best time to get one! this used to be P1.5M! One reason for the price drop was the high peso-dollar rate was higher back in 2005 compared to NOW + MMPC's discounts!), [/SIZE]there are a whole lot of other practical purchases like the Fuzion, Strada and Outlander as well as other cars to choose from and those who are happy with the simple Innova. Therefore, the Grandis is an educated choice. The challenge that MMPC had in selling the Grandis was the perception of the car buying public was more of an Adventure (AUV) Replacement pitted against the Innova rather than its true up-level MPV initiative as the Space Wagon successor.

It is not feasible to sell the Grandis in the USA- Americans are bent to purchasing a Minivan instead of a large Station Wagon with back seats. it is also too big to classify it as a compact MPV to compete with the likes of say, Mazda 5. so that puts the Grandis out of the picture. BUT the Grandis is still on sale in other parts of the world.

I hope this will convince you to get the Grandis...

I drive a 1997 Space Wagon- we love it's functionality and we would love it more if it was the Grandis... of course we have to consider our finances in as much as we want to get one!

Drive Inspired, kupz99! Thanks for your attention...

Thanks for the info!! Lalo akong ginanahan just curious though, how bad is the FC of grandis? every review is saying that it's not fuel efficient. 2.4 liters should not be that bad i suppose.. im driving 98 accord and im only getting 6km/l city driving..

7. Join Date
    May 2007
    thanks sir... In My Opinion, there are reasons why the Grandis consumes more gas...

1. Heavier Body- the 4G69 can be a fuel efficient engine if not for the bulkier body- in other words, something heavier for you to pull! I pressume that the FC is more efficient with the lighter bodied Galant 240M.

2. A Conventional Automatic Tranny- a 4-speed automatic gearbox cannot promise you the long mile- the sportronic function MAY help- since it will allow you to shift on your own- just like on the manual tranny. And of course, manual trannies are noted to be a bit more fuel efficient than their automatic counterparts.

these are the 2 factors that i see that could give you that kind of FC... based on my observation last year with my friend's Grandis, he was averaging 6-7km/l approximately while he was here in Baguio- i could be wrong with that since i only based it on fuel gauge/tripmeter readings. i'm pretty sure that the FC is better in Manila/flat terrain... I do see 2 or 3 Grandis frequently roaming aroung the town... seems ok to me! I'm sure there are a whole lot more in Manila.

here is something biased... hehehe... its wise to compare the FC of the Santa Fe 2.7 V6 AWD (and even the Fortuner 2.7 4x2) with the Grandis 2.4 MIVEC since they are both gas-engined. I'm pretty sure that FC of the Santa Fe 2.2 CRDI-VGT is better as seen on Hyundai's recent advertisements on the CRDI-VGT technology and FC benefits.

thanks po.

8. Join Date
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ianmitsulancer View Post
    thanks sir... In My Opinion, there are reasons why the Grandis consumes more gas...

1. Heavier Body- the 4G69 can be a fuel efficient engine if not for the bulkier body- in other words, something heavier for you to pull! I pressume that the FC is more efficient with the lighter bodied Galant 240M.

2. A Conventional Automatic Tranny- a 4-speed automatic gearbox cannot promise you the long mile- the sportronic function MAY help- since it will allow you to shift on your own- just like on the manual tranny. And of course, manual trannies are noted to be a bit more fuel efficient than their automatic counterparts.

these are the 2 factors that i see that could give you that kind of FC... based on my observation last year with my friend's Grandis, he was averaging 6-7km/l approximately while he was here in Baguio- i could be wrong with that since i only based it on fuel gauge/tripmeter readings. i'm pretty sure that the FC is better in Manila/flat terrain... I do see 2 or 3 Grandis frequently roaming aroung the town... seems ok to me! I'm sure there are a whole lot more in Manila.

here is something biased... hehehe... its wise to compare the FC of the Santa Fe 2.7 V6 AWD (and even the Fortuner 2.7 4x2) with the Grandis 2.4 MIVEC since they are both gas-engined. I'm pretty sure that FC of the Santa Fe 2.2 CRDI-VGT is better as seen on Hyundai's recent advertisements on the CRDI-VGT technology and FC benefits.

thanks po.
    HHmm.. mukhang ok talaga ang Santa Fe hehe thanks for the info ulit..

9. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    wag na Grandis...another reason why it's selling cheaper is because its not saleable at all. If it was really good, regardless of size or form, people will buy it. It's not the peso to dollar rate why it went down. It was just a vehicle not meant for the U.S. nor the Philippine market. Mitsubishi just wants to get rid of those from their stock. Sooner or later, they will discontinue that vehicle. what support will you have left? Ikaw din, if you buy that, i bet the resale value would suck. You will also have a hard time finding parts for that vehicle in the future regardless if the engine is the same as galant. Hindi naman lahat sa engine lang ang replacements sa parts diba.

go with Sta Fe dude.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    hello sir/s.

nakabili na kayo ng auto sir kupz99? our family bought a grandis on march 2008. kinuha namin siya kasi we're also looking for a 7 seater car. the first option was to get the innova pero napilit ko parents ko na grandis nalang kahit mas mahal kasi matagal na ako nagagandahan dun. one reason kung bakit ko siya gusto kasi konti lang ang may grandis. it accelerates and brakes like a car. elegante tignan (IMHO hehe). maganda rin yung santa fe. siguro bias lang ako kasi i'm a die hard mitsu enthusiast. the only con na nakikita ko sa grandis is it's FC. city driving 6-7km/l ang pag ginagamit ko. pero sulit naman.

shempre. i'll go for the grandis. pero maganda din ang santa fe.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Help on buying Mitsubishi Grandis