New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    I saw one this morning while driving along EDSA/Ortigas flyover, the first Grandis on the road I saw since I oggled one displayed at SM-North many months ago.

When actually viewed running on the road, it didn't look to me as elegant as it was when on display. From the back it looked like a huge, super-mini hatchback (how's that for contradiction? ). When I overtook it, I looked on the rear view mirror and I saw what I thought was a very angry, mature Jazz, hehehe. Oh, yeah! Galit din ang design ng front headlights. Nice! The brakelights resembled an incomplete elipse: two on both sides and one on top. All of them curvy. I have no doubt that the interior would be well appointed and very comfortable.

It would be nice if a Grandis owner would share some of their experience with the car.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Bro, Grandis na, if she want a good image and ugraded lifestyle, eh this is the right car for her, kung may pera rin naman sya. Innova masyadong masa ang dating o pang OFW. Previa sobra namang mahal at pangit ang nguso, if you buy a INNOVA kahit G variant pa sya at tinabihan sya ng Grandis, im sure maglalaway pa rin sya at magsisisi. Sa ride and comfort sulit kana, at INVECS II pa, and top it all its has a MIVEC engine, suave manakbo. GRAND entrance pa sya kahit saan pa nya dalhin, sa gimik o sa 5 star hotel, di sya mukhang kawawa compare to Innova, try nya magdala ng INNOVA sa Manila Hotel at makasabay nya ang GRANDIS sino ang mas papansinin at bibigyan ng special treatment sa valet.

Titignan lang ng snipping dog sabay yuko ang may ari ng Grandis pero yung may Innova i'm sure aamoyin hanggang pumasok.hehehe jokejokejoke. really bro GRANDIS na, wa na esep esep, yung green nila maganda.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    sniffing dog pala, yung amuuy amuy dog, sa otel, hehe, sori , wrong mistake

4. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by vice
    My mom got a grandis 2 months ago. It fits her current needs for a vehicle. I was only able to drive it once so far pero all I can say is that it has a very comfortable ride. Di sya matagtag for a van. Very responsive engine, it gives me power when I need it.. The the negative side mejo masikip sya sa 3rd row. Pero my mom does not mind it anyway since its just her and her driver most of the time.

Pasensya na at di ako magaling mag review. Its been a while since I've driven that car. I'll give it a try again this monday when I get back to manila.
    ok vice, salamat sa balita. pls give us more owner feedbacks when u have time

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    guys magkano yung entertainment package for a grandis?

6. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Innova masyadong masa ang dating o pang OFW
    wow kinda harsh but i agree. hehe

i like the grandis and for the price its cheaper than the previa by almost half a million and it looks better too. ok siya for me kaso nga not as reliable as a toyota/honda but still i would recommend it.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Yet another double-standard...

Yes, the Grandis is in a better class than the Innova, but it isn't really much better overall, definitely not 500K better. Behold the space-age looks inside and out, plus the better comfort and slightly stronger performance from an extra 400 cc, but it all ends there. The Grandis could have used a CVT (or at least an extra gear in the INVECS-II like the Pajero). Engine-wise, the Innova doesn't get left behind with advancement with standard VVTi (or D4-D for the economy-conscious), and a choice between a manual and an automatic with +/- override. It may not be as luxurious but I won't call it uncomfortable either. And lastly, it's a Toyota, with a track record on reliability unlike the Grandis.

As I said in other threads, the Grandis needs a price cut in order to sell much better. It's not a bad car at all, but there are vehicles with much better value for money at 1.5M.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    tax siguro added a bit to the price since imported from japan...

9. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    I own a Grandis since Feb of this year, and I'm satisfied with the ownership. After 2 auvs and a Hyundai Starex, I realized that I needed a vehicle that drives like a car or handles like one with an independent rear suspension as a bonus. I'm not saying auvs and the Starex are horrendous, its just that I wanted FUN back into the driving equation. And the Grandis is worth the wait, the Previa being too expensive. No offense to Fortuner owners, but I was actually relieved I made the right decision...no more trucks for me.

Initially I had qualms on the fuel consumption(with its 2.4l), 6.3km/l city driving in heavy traffic, short distance driving, idling when waiting(for kids to come out from school). Highway driving delivers 10++km/l and recently had a chance to drive 50%highway and 50%city, 8.2km/l. Which puts a smile on my face knowing some 1.6l cars more or less posts the same consumption.

The seats are great, long distance driving becomes desirable. Auto climate aircon a gem, cools down and maintains cabin temp effortlessly. You'll find yourself yawning most of the time because of the plush ride and quiet interior. Never fails to lull kids to sleep.

Mivec power delivers, smooth and relaxed. An audible but not annoying growl when the engine is pushed becomes increasingly tolerable. Handling is reassuring and reminds us that the 1630kg Grandis is a cruiser not a race car. It can throw itself in corners with aplomb but you'll probably do this 1% of the time when your precious cargo(family)are in the back seat.

Stereo sound(Clarion)is surprisingly adequate(does justice on my Ipod using I trip)but might consider upgrading with a DVD entertainment system later. The hide and seat third row offers great and usable space and the recessed rear compartment swallows a big suitcase and a stroller with my kids on the 3rd row.

Negatives? With Mitsus worldwide in dire straits, I had myself thinking of reliability and resale value issues so I have to see in the next year or so. But what's a great elixir for these worries? It never fails to elicit looong stares everyday, anywhere. And oh did I mention it seats seven?

10. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    i heard the CVT has a 130hp limit..both honda n mitsu only use it on less than 130hp cars ata..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Grandis Owners...How's your ride?