New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    We had a 99 4x4 MT and sold it 2009.

Makupad, Mahal ang maintenance, never failed us...

Traded to an 09 Sta. Fe and Sorento... never missed that Paj of ours...

2. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    strada 4x4 ko pinalitan ko din ng Sta Fe. never missed that mitsubishi car

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    kahit OT maisingit lang... sheesh

4. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    get the FM, super work horse ko to, 11 years na saakin, reliable at ang dali ayusin. calibration ko 70k kms nangyari saakin, expected ko mga 140k kms uli, 125k kms naako ngayon. samga mamahaling shops like bosch service center and CDC nasa 17k singil, pag sa tabi tabi na calibration shops wala pang 10k. pag natuloy ka sa FM, post mo lang tanong mo sa gen 2.5 threads dami doon info,

kung may budget lang for bnew gaya ng sta fe owners na nagpost , mag sta fe din ako, like the TS medyo limited budget kami, swap lang walang bili ng bnew. cant afford kaya dito muna ako sa FM, tipid ka pag nasira mo injector, which is part ng wear and tear, 6k lang oem na apat na piraso, katakot makita kung magkano isang piraso palang ng injector ng sta fe, baka presyo na ng bnew engine yung 4 injectors and labor. sana manalo ako sa lotto at makabili rin.
    Last edited by promdiboy; December 19th, 2010 at 05:16 AM.

5. Join Date
    May 2010
    Keep the Altis, if you're driving mostly in the city. The Pajero is better for out of town trips

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Hindi naman siguro magkaka-4km/L ang 2.8 diesel na Pajero diba? I doubt even the current 3.8 MIVEC V6 Pajero gets such horrible fuel mileage. The Pajero should be able to get at least 7.5km/L in normal circumstances since that is what our 2002 4JX1 Trooper 4x2 gets. Its good to change to this one from an Altis as it most definitely gives more class especially if you change the rims to the Ralliart ones and the big "PAJERO" sticker on the bottom part of the doors found in the last batch of FM Pajeros. But remind your dad that he is trading you an older car so have him make all the necessary repairs and replacements before giving it to you. As for the carwash... pwede naman sarili diba? Its not that hard... you can neglect the roof if you want.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mikmik316 View Post
    We had a 99 4x4 MT and sold it 2009.

Makupad, Mahal ang maintenance, never failed us...

Traded to an 09 Sta. Fe and Sorento... never missed that Paj of ours...
    Hehe. No budget for a brand new ride eh. Not even anytime soon. I just aim for those value for money 2nd hand ride deals, especially if coming from the family...

Yes indeed it really is a little makupad compared to its present competitors...but I do drool and dream of the Sorento or Sta. Fe talaga. wow!

If ever I go with the Paj FM, I might just get a 2nd hand Vios or Altis in the future for city use...dunno yet for sure.

Thanks for the comments. Appreciate it a lot.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by promdiboy View Post
    get the FM, super work horse ko to, 11 years na saakin, reliable at ang dali ayusin. calibration ko 70k kms nangyari saakin, expected ko mga 140k kms uli, 125k kms naako ngayon. samga mamahaling shops like bosch service center and CDC nasa 17k singil, pag sa tabi tabi na calibration shops wala pang 10k. pag natuloy ka sa FM, post mo lang tanong mo sa gen 2.5 threads dami doon info,

kung may budget lang for bnew gaya ng sta fe owners na nagpost , mag sta fe din ako, like the TS medyo limited budget kami, swap lang walang bili ng bnew. cant afford kaya dito muna ako sa FM, tipid ka pag nasira mo injector, which is part ng wear and tear, 6k lang oem na apat na piraso, katakot makita kung magkano isang piraso palang ng injector ng sta fe, baka presyo na ng bnew engine yung 4 injectors and labor. sana manalo ako sa lotto at makabili rin.
    Thanks for the feedback also. Yeah no budget din ako for brandnew rides. Not the best, but is just suites the budget, my wants and needs perfectly at present time....

Based on the comments on the board operating and maintaining the Paj FM is ok and within reach naman of my budget. But who wouldn't want a 12km/liter Diesel consuming SUV diba? Wala lang talaga sa budget range. Hehehe.

On the Calibration matter, I'd gladly pay premium for premium service with Bosch. Hehehe

9. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by myk384 View Post
    Keep the Altis, if you're driving mostly in the city. The Pajero is better for out of town trips
    That's a definite fact talaga. Cost and economical perspective talaga pasok na pasok ang Altis compared to the Paj FM. Yan talaga ang panghatak sa akin ng Altis...kaya I keep on reading, reviewing, getting feedback, costing and simulating the possible "What if's" that I might encoutner if ever I get the Paj FM.

Thanks for the opinion.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Hindi naman siguro magkaka-4km/L ang 2.8 diesel na Pajero diba? I doubt even the current 3.8 MIVEC V6 Pajero gets such horrible fuel mileage. The Pajero should be able to get at least 7.5km/L in normal circumstances since that is what our 2002 4JX1 Trooper 4x2 gets. Its good to change to this one from an Altis as it most definitely gives more class especially if you change the rims to the Ralliart ones and the big "PAJERO" sticker on the bottom part of the doors found in the last batch of FM Pajeros. But remind your dad that he is trading you an older car so have him make all the necessary repairs and replacements before giving it to you. As for the carwash... pwede naman sarili diba? Its not that hard... you can neglect the roof if you want.
    Yes I really do hope that when do get the Paj FM I do get a 7.5km/liter consumption and up. Since using the Altis A/T for more than a year I have learned a lot on how to properly maintain and operate an A/T transmission...just feather the throttle. Even from my previous car, a 1993 XE 1.3 MT I make it a point to shift and step on the gas pedal properly. ECO driving ika nga...no hypermiling techniques.

I dunno if I can tell my dad to to repair/replace the Paj FM parts as necessary. Baka ma wapak ako. Hehehe and may utang pa ako sa parents ko....but the least my dad is doing is replacing the 5 tires. Pudpod na eh.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Getting my dads Pajero Gen 2.5 for FREE....Deal or No Deal?!