New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by tanatej View Post
    You can never have too much space in a vehicle, particularly for those out of town trips.

Go for the Pajero, do your dad a favor and take the burden of selling it out of his hands, that way he "owes" you a favor. Besides your altis has one of those ZZ sludgers.
    Yeah I do love the space of the Pajero. The only downer is the seating height at the back, my head hits the sealing when I sit at the 3rd row. Hehehe. Compromise. Sarap ang space sa Safari namin dati.

For the Altis, that is why I change oil every 2months or 3,000kms which ever comes first.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_gambit View Post
    Get the pajero, since 4x2 it'll easily do 6kms/L. Yung engine nya na 4m40 is one of the most reliable engine around. Kya nga mahal sa surplus shop yan eh. Tama sabi nila napaka mahal ng gulong ng suv, pero given the correct choice it'll outlast twice your altis tires. Just take a look how deep the grooves of AT tires. It's under chasis will surely be more robust than a cars, heck its made for off-roading. Lamang ka pa sa resale value AFAIK twice ng value ng altis mo if you say 300K. Yung paj nasa 600K neighborhood, so parang tubo ka pa ng atleast 200K. I wouldn't blink at that trade...
    Thanks for the feedback. But I hope I get a higher km/liter reading, 7.5km/liter above sana. Hehehe

Yeah its still somehow of an upgrade parin naman from an 2005 Altis to a 2003 Pajero even if the Paj reads 140,000kms already. I got the Altis from my aunt (mom's sister) so bentang kamag-anak even if the value of an Altis then is around 400k-380k....

3. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by KCboy View Post
    just ask your dad what replaced so farthen check the forum for the parts that need replacing, if the pajero has never had a calibration service, maybe it is time. get the pajero, you won't regret it.
    Yep will ask him and check the service records also. Just asked my dad and the year model of the Paj is 2003. And the mileage reads 140,000kms! Hehehehe....

The 1st owner runs a business that would require a travel route of North to South Luzon often. So long drives. And the service/maintenace of the car is done by Mitsubishi....but wow! 20,000kms of travel a year. Hehehe

Will see too if it already needs calibration. At what mileage should calibration services be done?

4. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Reepicheep View Post
    Yup but I do not recommend Dueller tires dahil ang bilis maubos. We switched to Federals on both Pajeros

Woah! Dueller's are like erasers pala? Ngek

Anyhow will review the tire options once I get the Paj. Thanks

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    ill take the swap. all around yung field master and you have a family now. eventually, you will need bigger space and the pajero can give that to you.

natural lang na malakas sa gas pajero pero what SUV isnt? mas ok pa rin diesel for me kasi hindi dehado sa mga flood.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Kunin mo na yung Pajero ni Dad bro...

7. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by archie123456789 View Post
    ill take the swap. all around yung field master and you have a family now. eventually, you will need bigger space and the pajero can give that to you.

natural lang na malakas sa gas pajero pero what SUV isnt? mas ok pa rin diesel for me kasi hindi dehado sa mga flood.
    Yeah I'm inclining for the Paj already. But since the swap may happen nextyear, I am still maximizing the time and doing all the reviews and getting all feedbacks I can.

Yes given the current situation, since my wife and I are planning to have a child by nextyear...we might not have a chance to upgrade to an SUV anymore; for the next few years maybe... so maybe this is the only opportunity I have for now. Yeah know, gotta pay my home mortage..then if ever, baby expenses pa.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Sinabi ng kunin mo na Pajero ni Dad e...

jk.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    id rather keep the altis.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by harold13 View Post
    id rather keep the altis.
    Hehe. Mas tipid and economical nga naman to maintain ang Altis. That's the ultimate convincing factor the Altis has for me...

It's really like comparing apples to oranges.

Will have till nextyear to make the final decision.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Getting my dads Pajero Gen 2.5 for FREE....Deal or No Deal?!