New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Hindi naman siguro magkaka-4km/L ang 2.8 diesel na Pajero diba? I doubt even the current 3.8 MIVEC V6 Pajero gets such horrible fuel mileage. The Pajero should be able to get at least 7.5km/L in normal circumstances since that is what our 2002 4JX1 Trooper 4x2 gets. Its good to change to this one from an Altis as it most definitely gives more class especially if you change the rims to the Ralliart ones and the big "PAJERO" sticker on the bottom part of the doors found in the last batch of FM Pajeros. But remind your dad that he is trading you an older car so have him make all the necessary repairs and replacements before giving it to you. As for the carwash... pwede naman sarili diba? Its not that hard... you can neglect the roof if you want.

bakit yung sa ralliart rims pa ? 20's na chrome. FTW

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post

Well... kanya-kanyang taste yan. Some people dig large blinging rims but i find them not-so-nice on most Jap SUVs (on the US SUVs, medyo ok). The Pajero Ralliart rims, especially if you go EUDM, looks nice and clean and ages very well.

Go for the Pajero! Old but if its maintained well, will give you many years of reliable use. You'll also appreciate the size and suspension more with our potholed roads, rains, and when you start having kids.

when you change the tires, go for a/t's; better grip and last longer than the h/t tires and are more comfy (less road noise) then the m/t tires.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Hehehe. I'm kindda of into stock only guy. PHDM.

But I am OC with maintenance.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Well... kanya-kanyang taste yan. Some people dig large blinging rims but i find them not-so-nice on most Jap SUVs (on the US SUVs, medyo ok). The Pajero Ralliart rims, especially if you go EUDM, looks nice and clean and ages very well.

Go for the Pajero! Old but if its maintained well, will give you many years of reliable use. You'll also appreciate the size and suspension more with our potholed roads, rains, and when you start having kids.

when you change the tires, go for a/t's; better grip and last longer than the h/t tires and are more comfy (less road noise) then the m/t tires.
    PHDM lang...

Thanks for the motivation. Yes will surely maintain it well. Change oil every 3,000kms with Shell Semi-Synth (Blue) is what my dad does to his Diesel rides (1994 Safari, 2006 Starex CRDI and 2003 Pajero FM)....and I plan to continue that too if I get the Pajero FM

I'm studying the A/T Tire options for the Pajero too. The Bridgestone Dueller's are a bit pricey. Yikes!

.....then maybe when the budget permits in the future, I will get a 2nd hand car. Maybe an Altis or a Vios for the city driving needs.

I appreciate your feedback and suggestions

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    a/t tires are more expensive but as long as you keep your suspension aligned and in good condition, they last much much longer than your usual sedan tires so bawi lang.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    a/t tires are more expensive but as long as you keep your suspension aligned and in good condition, they last much much longer than your usual sedan tires so bawi lang.
    Yeah A/T tires are a little bit more expensive that H/T nga.

I called Yokohama and their Geolandar A/T costs Php 7,000 and H/T costs Php 6,350.

Bridgestones are quite pricey. Maybe will consider getting the Yokohama as a brand new tire option once I consider gettng the Pajero FM by next year.

Will decide nalang if A/T or H/T...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Getting my dads Pajero Gen 2.5 for FREE....Deal or No Deal?!