New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    mga bosing, may nakapag-convert na ba sa inyo ng bubble top gen1 pajero to a flat top?

what are the pros and cons, particularly with the pillars'/columns' strength pag tinabas ang bubble top and then weld/replace it with a flat top roof? may nakikita kase akong mga jdm surplus na tinabas na flat top roofs complete with the sunroof and dual a/c ceiling louvres. am toying with the idea kung uubra at kung hindi maco-compromise ang safety ng original roof against a cut and welded one.

any suggestions will be highly appreciated. thanks.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    eto ba yung parang canvas see through yung roof?

nakakita nako ng na convert sa metal but fabricated yung GI sheet na ginamit. panget. halatang nirolyohan lng ng bakal. maybe the tinsmithing skills of the welder was of inferior quality. pero sinundan naman nya yung lines at slope angle ng roof to body eh. panget pa rin tignan. para tuloy owner type jeep.

i also saw a fiberglass roof. panget din. looked like dented metal to me.

my opinions lang ha. if you really want to go this route, i suggest you find a donor 3 dr. pajero and cut out its roof. to put on yours. then again, why not just buy a 3dr and save yourself the hassle?

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    thanks for the reply, sir.

parang wala yatang bubble top na 3 door SWB gen1 pajero ah i was thinking of the five door, LWB na local bubble top sir. convert ko sana yung bubble top roof to a flat top roof na jdm with the sunroof and dual a/c ceiling louvers. is it a good idea or am i just thinking out loud?

4. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    ah yung extended/high roof line? as opposed to the flat roof design?

kala ko yung mga sinasabing j-top, hehe. sowee. :-)

para sa akin maganda yung mga "bubble" top. there are jdm flat roofs out there (usually color white), but they're very old... older than local. medyo marami cgurong pag-latero ang gagawin diyan since the pajero roof isn't of the quick remove type like the old lc bj40s. not worth the hassle if you ask me. you also risk warping the shell if you remove the roof and weld on a new one, plus, the removal of the interiors (bec it may not be enough to weld the roof from the outside....)

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    xoom, Why would want to do that? Why not just let go of your bubble top and get a flatroof. If your problem is the gas engine of the flatroof coz almost all flatroof (not converted)has gas engine. It is easier to change the engine than the roof. Besides if you cut off the roof it wont last long coz rust will form from inside panel of the columns. Burned metal is easier to get rust.
    Last edited by larshell; March 4th, 2009 at 10:58 PM.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by larshell View Post
    xoom, Why would want to do that? Why not just let go of your bubble top and get a flatroof. If your problem is the gas engine of the flatroof coz almost all flatroof (not converted)has gas engine. It is easier to change the engine than the roof. Besides if you cut off the roof it wont last long coz rust will form from inside panel of the columns. Burned metal is easier to get rust.
    thanks sir larshell. makes perfect sense to me ewan ko ba, pero the flatroof version appeals sportier to me versus the bubble top na parang pang erpats or pang lolo ang dating hehehe. it's just me.

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    I also love flatroof Pajero. Sometimes nga lang napakamalian na FX daw
    Pero mas gusto ko parin flatroof than bubble.

Gen1 Pajero - from bubble top to flat top