New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    As a side note: The extra "kick" was probably the tiny bit of torque you gain at the bottom end from restricting the intake. They're still losing power at the top end. Take the car to any dyno (Autoplus or Autotechnika will do) and test it both with and without the device... they'll be shocked at the results.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    As a side note: The extra "kick" was probably the tiny bit of torque you gain at the bottom end from restricting the intake. They're still losing power at the top end. Take the car to any dyno (Autoplus or Autotechnika will do) and test it both with and without the device... they'll be shocked at the results.
    A good way to demonstrate the lost power at the top end would be to install a vacuum gauge to your engine's intake and then do a few WOT runs on some open road. You'll notice the gauge reading to increase in vacuum as compared to a near zero vacuum reading without those intake restriction devices.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    why not give it a try? experience is the best teacher

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue View Post
    why not give it a try? experience is the best teacher
    only if you would be paying for the gadget.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    i heard one "fuel saving device manufacturer" tested with autoplus on their dyno, and of course the results were: no difference.

which "fuel-saving device" isi it? i dont know. wala nga nirelease na results eh, kase yung manufacturer ang nagpa-test. haha.

================================================== =========

khaos the "super turbo charger" is not a turbo charger, period. all it does is introduce more air into your system which makes you're car lean, which makes your ecu scrambling to keep optimal a/f mix which makes khaos a stupid device.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by torque2006 View Post
    i heard one "fuel saving device manufacturer" tested with autoplus on their dyno, and of course the results were: no difference.

which "fuel-saving device" isi it? i dont know. wala nga nirelease na results eh, kase yung manufacturer ang nagpa-test. haha.
    if memory serves me correct... it should be the EGO fuel saving device but they did release their results in their ads.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    from my aunt who has a Cefiro AT that has a Khaos installed. she said that it kinda saves gas when you're running at less than 70-80kph.... or less than 2000rpm runs... otherwise, even just try to rev the engine a bit more to overtake and the system is totally useless...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by basti08 View Post
    from my aunt who has a Cefiro AT that has a Khaos installed. she said that it kinda saves gas when you're running at less than 70-80kph.... or less than 2000rpm runs... otherwise, even just try to rev the engine a bit more to overtake and the system is totally useless...
    But wouldn't the same car have the same fuel saving "effect" if you don't have the kHAOS gadget installed and still driven the same way?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    But wouldn't the same car have the same fuel saving "effect" if you don't have the kHAOS gadget installed and still driven the same way?
    ive also asked the same with my aunt, but no sir. sabi nya she can get as high as 10km/l with the khaos plus the disciplined driving style. havent tried her car yet, but she said she can only get as high as 8km/l sa Cefiro nya before which i thought might be true kase mga ganun lang naman ang konsumo ng mid sizers like Cefiro in econo mode driving.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Give me your aunt's car... I can match that 10 km/l...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Gas Saving Devices ON V6 GALANT / CEFIRO. WILL IT WORK?