New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    newbie po.. ask ko lang, im considering on buying a 2nd hand 1995 vr4 pero i have no idea kun ok ba yun choice ko,what are the things that i have to consider? tonight na kasi kmi magkikita nun seller.. thanks

2. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dthyrd View Post
    sir check mu kung talagang may leak reservoir mu kasi wen i was at AMcar buying sum things.. a galant shark had d same problem but it turned out dat d bypass hoses wer shot kaya ang tendency ng engine was to siphon water from d reservoir.. concerned lang heheheh
    I just had it serviced at a Mitsu Casa. They say it's the WATER PUMP ASSEMBLY (that's 7k already!!). What do you think? I already asked the BYPASS HOSE when I went to RAPIDE and they don't seem to know where it is. That's why I left it to the experts at MITSU. The only problem is you're completely under their control and before you know it...your wallet is empty :shocked2:

3. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumusut_Amige View Post
    perform a diagnostic alignment first from a reputable shop... they will lead you to answer your query.
    I tried to have it aligned last 9/29/07 at RAPIDE. Then they told me they cannot bec. of the Tie Rod and Suspension Arm (which I think causes my car to veer to the right when the steering wheel is released). And the estimate...around P25k! Is that justifiable? So I went to other Mechanics. They told me it's only a TIE-ROD problem. Others, the Suspension ARM only. Now who the heck would tell me what the real problem is?

4. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by m1esi View Post
    as said in the galant forum (mymitsuph.com) when it comes to suspension their best shop is ZEE, or Cruven. magkapatid may ari nito so any will do. their good in suspension and underchasis repairs bro.
    sir san po located yung shop nila? reasonable po ba ang pricing? i wanted a reputable and trustworthy shop to analyze my car's suspension needs eh.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by arnarn View Post
    Hows the fuel consumption of a VR4 1998 shark Galant?
    6km/litre CITY DRIVING
    9km/litre HIGHWAY DRIVING

Not bad for it's class. This drastically changes when u don't use your aircon (remember 70% of fuel is consumed by the A/C). And of course the TRANNY. If you're going for the Manual Tranny then it's less consuming than the A/T.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    GUYS im selling my VR4 black 17 inch mags concept one spider falken tires
    sound set up 0917 8399463 9416349 very fresh check my friendster marky_1029*hotmail.com andun pix very fresh makinis wala kalampag

7. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by nano16 View Post
    Aba! Sounds very familiar ah! My gf's Galant had that ticking sound a few months back. Relay nga daw ang problema. Ginawa na lang ng electrician dinisconnect nya. Ayun, problem solved kaso wala nga lang hangin sa paa (the part of the aircon that blows below the dashboard). Ok naman kasi hindi din naman pansin 'yun eh as long as malamig naman 'yung tumatamang hangin sa upper body pati sa mukha. May kabig din sa kanan 'yung kotse kaya sabi sa akin ball joint daw.
    yung sa relay ko parang pinasa nila sa HEATER...since di ko naman daw gagamitin un (nga naman, wala naman tayo snow eh ). my aircon is the digital one. about sa kabig ko sa kanan, I'm still hesitant. Tie-rod, suspension arm, ball joint or all of the above?? Alin nga kaya ang problem. Someone out there got tips for me?

8. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexxx View Post
    yung sa relay ko parang pinasa nila sa HEATER...since di ko naman daw gagamitin un (nga naman, wala naman tayo snow eh ). my aircon is the digital one. about sa kabig ko sa kanan, I'm still hesitant. Tie-rod, suspension arm, ball joint or all of the above?? Alin nga kaya ang problem. Someone out there got tips for me?
    Dinala namin sa Zee yung Galant para ipacheck suspension. Medyo malakas na kabig sa kanan pati maalog na kahit konting lubak. Daming papalitan eh pero siguro it's about time kasi since pagkabili ng Galant wala pang pinapalitan sa suspension system. Ang estimate 8,080 - the whole works plus fries on the side. Pinagawa na namin kasi mahirap na baka sa daan pa abutin ng problema. Sa Cruven sana namin dadalhin mas malapit sa amin ang Zee. Tomorrow makukuha na namin yung Galant. I'll post kung okay naman ang gawa nila pero with what I've read and heard about Zee's suspension jobs, pulido daw talaga.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Sirs, I have a question... I'm planning to buy a '96 VR4, is it true na mausok daw ung muffler? Not sure kung true ung sinsasabi nung kakilala ko. Thanks in advance!

10. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by nano16 View Post
    Dinala namin sa Zee yung Galant para ipacheck suspension. Medyo malakas na kabig sa kanan pati maalog na kahit konting lubak. Daming papalitan eh pero siguro it's about time kasi since pagkabili ng Galant wala pang pinapalitan sa suspension system. Ang estimate 8,080 - the whole works plus fries on the side. Pinagawa na namin kasi mahirap na baka sa daan pa abutin ng problema. Sa Cruven sana namin dadalhin mas malapit sa amin ang Zee. Tomorrow makukuha na namin yung Galant. I'll post kung okay naman ang gawa nila pero with what I've read and heard about Zee's suspension jobs, pulido daw talaga.
    Saan yung ZEE dude? I'm from Laguna kasi...ask mo naman if they have a branch here. Also keep me updated about dun sa problem mo. P8,080 is ok for me! Kaysa 21 k! Ano yung pati parts sagot na nila? Or ikaw na ang bumili?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast