New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by istan View Post
    Yes, pls do change it. Handa ka lng sa cost. Mura yun belt, mahal yun labor. Ü
    mahal yung oem belt. medyo mahal din yung labor, compared to, say, cleaning all four brakes..
    but the timing belt is the one item that i will insist on using oem..

and our lancer's body is not really that much heavier than the competition's to explain the outstanding fuel consumption... let's just face it.. matakaw lang talaga sa gas.
    Last edited by dr. d; July 22nd, 2013 at 02:24 AM.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    if the unit is already out of warranty the owner can save on labor cost by having it serviced outside

3. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    I have a 2007 Mitsu Lancer 1.6 GL

The FC on heavy traffic is 7.5 and 7.9 km/L, this computation is from 2 full tanks. My wife uses it and i asked her to compute for the FC just recently to compare with the Accent HB which travels same route and traffic everyday.

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    I have one, i get 7km/l.
    If i baby the accelerator, very gradual starts till 1.8k rpm, shift up, i get 8km/l. Its in the highway, where this car shines, i get 12km/l, abusing the "6th" gear.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by istan View Post
    I have one, i get 7km/l.
    If i baby the accelerator, very gradual starts till 1.8k rpm, shift up, i get 8km/l. Its in the highway, where this car shines, i get 12km/l, abusing the "6th" gear.
    oo nga, but tinatamad lang akong mag-override ng AT, e. to my mind, it defeats the purpose i bought the car for. oh well.. nothing is free..
    at least bulletproof yung engine block.. iron, not alum alloy.. puede mong pa-baril.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by gilkaths View Post
    Hello,
    The dealer also said that i need to replace my timing belt, do you guys done this? i'm currently in 71,000KM.
    Replace na yan as soon as possible... Mas masakit sa ulo ibibigay na problem nyan kapag naputol while engine is running

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jodski View Post
    Replace na yan as soon as possible... Mas masakit sa ulo ibibigay na problem nyan kapag naputol while engine is running
    there is a schedule for replacing the timing belt. why not ask the casa if your car's info is in the program.. that should include timing belt replacement.
    when i bought my used AT, the previous mechanic taped on the cover, the km reading when the belt was replaced. bless him..
    if you have no idea when the belt was replaced, and you want peace of mind, then just have the belt changed pronto.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234