New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    naayos paba ung nagwiwiggle na gulong? ano kaya pwedeng sira nun, bibili kasi ako ng second hand na mitsubishi lancer boxtype, nasa 60 pang ung takbo nagwiwiggle na.. salamat

2. Join Date
    May 2007
    At what speed?

As silly as it may sound - take a lug wrench to the lug nuts and make sure they are tight.

Jack that corner of the car up and make sure the nuts are all tight and try to wiggle your tires up and down in and out

If they are, then you got a suspension problem of some sort - perhaps a ball joint, perhaps something with the steering linkage.

Losing a ball joint at highway speed is a dangerous thing, so I would recommend that if it isn't something as simple as loose lug nuts, then you really should have a qualified mechanic inspect the front end.

Possible also that It could be a sign that your tires are bad (oblong) or wheel balancing problems... perhaps your rotors are warped or possibly a bent rim. Check all those.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by v6dreamer View Post
    At what speed?

As silly as it may sound - take a lug wrench to the lug nuts and make sure they are tight.

Jack that corner of the car up and make sure the nuts are all tight and try to wiggle your tires up and down in and out

If they are, then you got a suspension problem of some sort - perhaps a ball joint, perhaps something with the steering linkage.

Losing a ball joint at highway speed is a dangerous thing, so I would recommend that if it isn't something as simple as loose lug nuts, then you really should have a qualified mechanic inspect the front end.

Possible also that It could be a sign that your tires are bad (oblong) or wheel balancing problems... perhaps your rotors are warped or possibly a bent rim. Check all those.

tnx v6dreamer,, ung speed nya pla nasa 60 kph plng nagwiwigle na, pinaayos na daw un pero ganun parin, parang ang huling solusyon nlng ata ay aayusin ung gearbox,, un nga lng hihigpit maxado ang manibela,,

4. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by status207 View Post
    tnx v6dreamer,, ung speed nya pla nasa 60 kph plng nagwiwigle na, pinaayos na daw un pero ganun parin, parang ang huling solusyon nlng ata ay aayusin ung gearbox,, un nga lng hihigpit maxado ang manibela,,
    What gearbox? On any circumtances, you DO NOT let them touch that. What you need are whell balancing and alignment. I'll bet my money on that. Just make sure the tire's are not oblong.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by status207 View Post
    naayos paba ung nagwiwiggle na gulong? ano kaya pwedeng sira nun, bibili kasi ako ng second hand na mitsubishi lancer boxtype, nasa 60 pang ung takbo nagwiwiggle na.. salamat
    i assume na harapang gulong ang tinutukoy mo. gaya ng sabi ni v6dreamer make sure hindi oblong yung tires - at mahigpit ang mga lug nuts. bakit steering agad baka tie-rods lang yan... kung ako sayo before ka makipag sara ipacheck mo sa reputable service shop madalas naman free check up and estimate ang mga ganyan. or better yet look for another.

front wheel wiggles