New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    hi im new here, would like to ask what do i have to do to fix my 1996 EL that has been damaged by flood water, there is no more light on the dashboard and wont start and i noticed water at the oil stick, thank you and can you recommend a repair shop somewhere near espana

2. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Unless may emotional attachment ka sa Lancer mo, perhaps you are better off selling it. I used to own a 94Lancer. Kaso, isinabak ni misis sa baha sa tanza, dulot ng bagyong milenyo. Naiuwi naman siya ng maayos pero unti unti nang nagloko, starting with high rev when idling, and loss of power pag idle at bukas aircon.

Kakakuha ko lang ng bagong honda city a year before kaya hesitant pa akong palitan yung Lancer. Gumastos pa ako para ipa ayos ang idling nya.

Pero may time na oovertake siya pero pumalya ang transmission at ayaw nang mag change gear ... Buti na lang walang kasalubong. Nang buksan ng friend kong mekaniko, burak na pala ang laman ng transmission, apparently napasok nang binaha.

And that was the last straw for me, inayos lang ng konti then ibinenta na namin bago pa magloko uli. Dinagdagan ko na lang ang napagbentahan at pikit-matang bumili ng bagong oto para kay misis.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    general engine overhaul would costs you more or less P15k.
    carburator overhaul nasa P800 ata at A&M kamuning.
    electricals, i have no idea.

pero if i were you, i will sell the car na lang and look for a good secondhand car na lang.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    But please, if ever you decide on selling the car DECLARE IT AS FLOODED and sell it with a price lower than usual.

Google Translate

Strip its interior trim to clean it, also clean the HVAC pipelines, replace all the cabin filters, and overhaul the engine. I assume it has PCV, so I wouldn't expect it to get water inside the crankcase even after a flood.