New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2005
    Hi sirs, is steering freeplay really normal with our Pajeros? I do understand that the owner's manual says that the allowable steering freeplay is until 50mm, I just don't find it comfortable especially at high speeds. One mechanic tightened somewhere near the gearbox, but it could only reduce the freeplay to an inch, which I still find uncomfortable. Do the Pajeros really come out of the showroom with steering freeplay?

Another thing is that I'm feeling vibrations on the steering wheel especially when the road is a bit bumpy and I believe it shouldn't be normal on all cars. Or is it normal on the Pajero? We just had all the shocks replaced, steering repair kit and the pitman arm replaced, plus the wheels aligned, but the vibrations on the steering wheel were only reduced 50 percent.

Thanks in advance.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by marv_002 View Post
    Hi sirs, is steering freeplay really normal with our Pajeros? I do understand that the owner's manual says that the allowable steering freeplay is until 50mm, I just don't find it comfortable especially at high speeds. One mechanic tightened somewhere near the gearbox, but it could only reduce the freeplay to an inch, which I still find uncomfortable. Do the Pajeros really come out of the showroom with steering freeplay?

Another thing is that I'm feeling vibrations on the steering wheel especially when the road is a bit bumpy and I believe it shouldn't be normal on all cars. Or is it normal on the Pajero? We just had all the shocks replaced, steering repair kit and the pitman arm replaced, plus the wheels aligned, but the vibrations on the steering wheel were only reduced 50 percent.

Thanks in advance.
    -- normal ang vibrations sa steering wheel kpg bumpy ang road due to recirculating ball bearing kc ang power steering ng pajero gen1-gen2. normal lng na may free play sa steering. sanayan lng yan. pero kung hindi ganyan dati, sa gear box nga ina-adjust yan dapt.

Fieldmaster steering freeplay and vibrations